How many do your own Auto maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many do your own Auto maintenance

I do as much of my own as I can and as I have time. My dad got me a summer job as a kid working in a friend’s garage. I learned a lot. So I do all the fluid and filter changes on our cars as well as brakes and what goes as a tuneup these days.
    I finished replacing the valve cover gasket on my Wrangler. I just like working with my hands. Just curious how may others do the same.
    Attached Files

I do all my own maintenance and repairs. I’m fortunate to have a full shop with lifts and all the tools a man could ever need

Comment

Within reason....all the relatively simple stuff....oil, plugs, cops, injectors, cleaning TB, etc....but I'm not cracking and going inside....not yet anyway...😉

Comment

Last thing I did was a brake job on a 2007 commander in 2010.

I haven’t checked the oil on anything since 2002.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just finished putting a head gasket and valves in my dads MG.

Comment

Just changing fluids, filters, general maintenance, etc.

Comment

Basic stuff that I can. Won’t go inside of newer vehicles. Electronics are too much to deal with. I will do breaks, bearings and some front end components

Comment

Have a 75 vette and an 87 daily driver squarebody i changed engine transmissions in and pretty much anything else. My new diesel for pulling camper i do fluid changes and thats about it. Partly because it hasnt needed anything else and partly because i dont know if i could work on it with all the eletronics.

Comment

Been off and on over the past 20 years but since I bought my new truck I’ve done everything except inspections and rotate/balance.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                      Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'll bet, you found what was rattling...…....………….

Comment

An oil change is about the extent of my auto mechanic skills...…….

Comment

I do.
                          Here I was replacing a glow plug on my wife's 2012 BMW X5 35d.
                          I also do most everything myself on my 2001 Powerstroke. If I run into anything I can't handle I have a brother who works at Truck Source Diesel in San Antonio.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I do all mine. On 4 vehicles, between me the wife and kid .

Hell I cant afford not to.

Comment

I do fluids and brakes. Not much else I feel comfortable with anymore. Had a 73 beetle that I could take the engine out in under 5 min and tear it down to a bare block and reassemble without any problems but the newer stuff I can't even figure out how to get to half of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X