Baylor County Rut?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baylor County Rut?

Hunting a place not far from Munday, Tx in Baylor County for the first time this November. Can yall help me out with the best days, tips, etc. Corn feeders and wheat fields on the place.

Most big bucks on the ranch I hunt in Baylor county seem to be taken on the same weekend in November but it changes from year to year. I've seen rifle opener be that weekend one time, second weekend of rifle is next best and the weekend before Thanksgiving the most frequent weekend when it turns on.

Comment

^^^ what I've seen in that country as well ^^^

Comment

I live in Munday. As others have said, it varies. My father in law always says it's Thanksgiving week that's the best.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Comment

I have filmed bucks breeding does more than once on the first week of the general season near Seymour.

Comment

What's the action like so far?

Comment

hunted in Seymour since 2002 and typically the third week of November through the first weekend of December signals heaviest rutting activity. We have had it a few times start opening weekend of rifle, but this year there was no sign of it yet. We were still seeing the young bucks running together and older deer have broke up; but have no fear it is close to starting.
                  Last edited by bulltx50; 11-07-2019, 01:03 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Hunt the wheat after you have 3-4 hard freeze's.

Comment

Thanks! I am headed to Baylor county Nov. 21st-27th maybe the mature deer will be moving in light

Comment

We hunt near Seymour and bucks are starting to chase and couple off. Usually the week or two before Thanksgiving is our heaviest rutting activity though.

Comment

What's the latest in the area

Comment

What's the rut looking like in southern Baylor county/northern Throckmorton now? Headed up this weekend

Comment

Working...
                            X