Bowtech General recall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bowtech General recall

This story is about 5 hours old. Received it as an alert on my G1. The AP is reporting, "About 8,000 "The General" compound bows, made by BowTech Archery of Eugene, Ore., because the ends of the bows' limbs can unexpectedly break during use, sending fragments in the direction of users and people standing near them. The firm has received 255 reports of the bow's limbs breaking, including 11 reports of users getting cuts and bruises when pieces from the breaking bows hit them. BowTech dealers nationwide sold the bows from September 2007 through July 2008. Details: by phone 888-689-1289; on the Web at http://www.cpsc.gov or http://www.bowtecharchery.com.

Oops, missed it by that much!

Comment

lol

this was last year you can tell the fixed bows because the holes on the end look to have a rivet in them.
      Last edited by txdukklr; 02-19-2009, 09:10 AM. Reason: idiot

Comment

He meant 1 YEAR and 5 HOURS old!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
          He meant 1 YEAR and 5 HOURS old!
          FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
          February 18, 2009
          Release #09-132

The press release was dated yesterday.

There are 2 types of limbs, only one is recalled.

Compound Bows Recalled by BowTech Archery; Bow Can Unexpectedly Break Apart

WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed.

Name of Product: “The General” Compound Bows

Units: About 8,000

Manufacturer: BowTech Archery, of Eugene, Ore.

Hazard: The ends of the bow’s limbs can unexpectedly break during use and send fragments of the bow in the direction of the user or bystanders, posing a risk of injury.

Incidents/Injuries: The firm has received 255 reports of the bow’s limbs breaking, including 11 reports of lacerations, abrasions, or contusions when pieces from the breaking bow struck the user.

Description: This recall involves the “The General” compound bows hunting and target models with draw weights of 60 and 70 pounds that do not have a collet (see illustration below) in the limb. The bows measure about 31 inches long and have draw lengths of 26-30 inches. Hunting models were sold in real tree and mossy oak camouflage patterns. Target models were sold in gray, black, and wood-grain. The bows have laminated wood grips engraved with the word “BowTech” and a label with “The General” on the center pivot point of the bottom limb.

Sold at: Authorized BowTech Dealers nationwide from September 2007 through July 2008 for about $800.

Manufactured in: United States

Remedy: Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled bows and contact their dealer to schedule a free repair.
          Our apologies. The page you are looking for may have been removed, had its URL changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  To keep looking, you may want to:  Use the Search box at the top of the page Try our site map below contact us directly to see if we can help info@cpsc.gov (800) 638-2772 -- Mon to Fri. 8:00 AM to 5:30 PM or leave a message at any time.  @USCPSC on Twitter

Comment

Well, since I don't shoot a bowtech, I have nuthin to worry about!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
              Well, since I don't shoot a bowtech, I have nuthin to worry about!!!

x2...go Mathews!!

Comment

wonder if it affects any other bows

Comment

One point for bill!!
                  Whoo

Comment

I think I remember someone saying there was a recall on a Matthews awhile back. Said he saw it on Archery talk? I'm going to look.

Comment

Originally posted by BowTechAssassin View Post
                      I think I remember someone saying there was a recall on a Matthews awhile back. Said he saw it on Archery talk? I'm going to look.
                      If you go to Archery Talk that is cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by BowTechAssassin View Post

thats funny. we call that something different amongst my group of friends. i will just say that when a dog is beat, let it die. dont keep its memory as the female dog that could not except the truth walk around quoting websites that they cant even quote. (insert whatever smiley needs to be there)

Comment

Lee quit beating around the bush and tell everyone what you really meant. Really I was told by a member on here about it. I have never been on AT. Until now, just signed up.

Not trying to beat a dead horse, and it really doesn't matter to me what anyone else thinks about Bowtech. I shoot Bowtech because I like them. I also like Bear, Hoyt and HCA. Everything that is manufactured can have a problem, and be recalled. It's the customer service response when it does happen, and IMO, BowTech stepped up and fixed the problem in a very proffessional manner. I doubt very seriously that anyone would quit driving a particular brand of truck because of a recall. Every major MFG., of automobiles has had at one time or another had to recall a vehicle. It's just a part of manufacturing.
                          Last edited by BowTechAssassin; 02-20-2009, 11:01 AM.

Comment

oh i was just drunk. no harm done

Comment

HAHAHAHAHA.
                              Don't drink and Green-screen!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X