What’d You Get Away With?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What’d You Get Away With?

What’s the crazy thing you ever got away with or something you didn’t think would work?

Once me and some friends were throwing water balloons at cars in town. We would mostly target the high schoolers leaving the football game. We were in a pretty good spot that most people couldn’t stop and get to us before we could duck into the woods. Well after running from some pretty big football players I come out of the woods looking for my friends. Apparently the guys were hiding just inside the wood line and surrounded me quick. I’m thinking I’m about to get a beat down so I start acting mad and asking them why they are throwing water balloons at cars. They looked confused for a second and I said I had just chased some kids into the woods that had thrown something at my car. They bought it and told me they were going to hide again and I could wait with them. I waited a few minutes with them, then told them I had to leave. I was 14 and didn’t own a car. I got about a hundred yard head start, called them all idiots and took off.

Climbed water tower to paint names. Police pull in as we are coming out. Ran across the milo field and got away. Stopped to get a coke and the clerk asked why we had paint on our hands. Told him we were working on a speaker box.

Corn and watermelons from fields many times.

Too many minor things to list.

Comment

I ran from the police in my yellow painted 84 Chevy with red flames on the hood. I was probably 18 or 19 and in Port Neches/ Nederland area. Can’t remember what road but it was two lanes each way with a large grass median separating us. Truck was built, bored 40 over, pistons, cam, heads, transmission, rear end, and one hell of a sound system. I was speeding and he hit me with his dam qbeam and hit his lights and I punched it. Jumped off the next exit into a neighborhood and came out behind him and saw him searching the main road so I turned up went the other way to the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

One of the best ones was when we went and toilet papered people's houses one Halloween. One of my buddies took some laxatives and hopped up on one of our teacher's car and dropped a deuce on the hood. Luckily some kids from a neighboring town were in town that night and caused a ruckus and caught the blame.

I'm sure there's more but that's one that comes to mind because it was funny. I think being a part of a group of guys that'd crap on someone's car is about as far in depth as I need to go. I'd hate to give anyone the wrong impression. We weren't bad kids. We just weren't real great ones.

If it's any consolation my buddy that did that got thrown in jail a few years later for being stupid again. Then he drew penises all over the holding cell. His response when I asked him why he did it "What were they gonna do,throw me in jail?"
        Last edited by okrattler; 07-22-2019, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Nothing! I always got caught. Being a criminal would not have worked out well for me.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
            One of the best ones was when we went and toilet papered people's houses one Halloween. One of my buddies took some laxatives and hopped up on one of our teacher's car and dropped a deuce on the hood. Luckily some kids from a neighboring town were in town that night and caused a ruckus and caught the blame.

I'm sure there's more but that's one that comes to mind because it was funny. I think being a part of a group of guys that'd crap on someone's car is about as far in depth as I need to go. I'd hate to give anyone the wrong impression. We weren't bad kids. We just weren't real great ones.
            Haha I had something similar but opposite happen in the fact we got blamed for something we didn’t do. Was at a high school graduation party that happened to be across the street from the high school. All the sudden the police bust it. We all split and got away but my truck was there. They towed my truck and made me come give a statement. Apparently there were some kids that vandalized the high school and when the cops chased them they jumped one of the neighbors fences. The cops assumed it was us. The charges were dropped but all of us got letters saying we were banned from going back to that school again.

Comment

Whats the statute of limitations for running from the GW?

Comment

I'll have to come back to this.

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
                  What’s the crazy thing you ever got away with or something you didn’t think would work?

Once me and some friends were throwing water balloons at cars in town. We would mostly target the high schoolers leaving the football game. We were in a pretty good spot that most people couldn’t stop and get to us before we could duck into the woods. Well after running from some pretty big football players I come out of the woods looking for my friends. Apparently the guys were hiding just inside the wood line and surrounded me quick. I’m thinking I’m about to get a beat down so I start acting mad and asking them why they are throwing water balloons at cars. They looked confused for a second and I said I had just chased some kids into the woods that had thrown something at my car. They bought it and told me they were going to hide again and I could wait with them. I waited a few minutes with them, then told them I had to leave. I was 14 and didn’t own a car. I got about a hundred yard head start, called them all idiots and took off.
                  Pure awesomeness!!!!!

Comment

I know someone that rode a motorcycle through the halls of the HS.

Naked.

Comment

A group of us that played football stole our rivals mascot (not a live one) and painted it our school colors. Then we put it back; used grass killer to put our school initials in their field and we played them at their place that Friday night and won.

Comment

I knowed of a feller that went coonhuntin and the dogs treed a big possum. That feller kilt that possum and put it in a paper grocery bag. He took it to school and stood on a table in the cafeteria and laid that possum in a poke on top of one them drop ceiling tiles and put it back in place. About a week later and we had to eat lunch in the gym.

Comment

I didn't get away with it, but I got off easier than I thought I would. I loaded a pot full of bulls one night in Tulsa headed to San Angelo with them. I was getting close to the river in Tulsa on I-44 and someone came on the CB and said, "Ya'll watch out, there's a black bull on the westbound side on the shoulder." I'm thinking, that's weird, I just came through there...I didn't see anything. Two minutes later, over the cb, "That bull is out in the middle of the road!!!" I'm thinking, Man...someone needs to gather up their cattle before it gets hit. This was about 2 in the morning.

Then, a car pulled up beside me and this girl was hanging out of the window yelling, "A cow fell out of your truck!!!!"

THEN everything started making sense. I pulled over and called 911.

911: What's your emergency?
                          Me: Have you gotten any calls about a bull running loose on I-44?
                          911: About 50 calls in the past 5 minutes
                          Me: I know the old the boy that owns that bull...
                          911: <Laughing> Where are you?
                          Me: Almost to the river on the Westbound side
                          911: Someone will be there shortly, stay there

.........2 hours later........
                          911: What's your emergency?
                          Me: Ain't nobody made it out here
                          911: There is no one available sweety...they are all dealing with your bull

.......30 minutes later.......

Oklahoma Highway Patrol shows up.

OHP: Before we go any farther...are you sure it was yours?
                          Me: There was 4 in the back...now there are 3. Yes sir. I'm sure.

He checked everything out...what had happened was they went to fighting in the back and broke the door in the middle, raising it up enough to get his nose under it to push it up and jump out (@60 MPH). The door fell back down after he bailed.

OHP: Son, this looks like what we call an Act of God. There's nothing you could have done to stop this. (He starts writing me a ticket)
                          Me: But if it was an Act of God, why are you writing me a ticket?
                          OHP: Son, you have successfully shut down 6 lanes of traffic. A Werner semi hit the bull going west, knocked it over the concrete construction barrier (1,400 pound bull) and a mini-van hit it going east. THEN...I had to put one in his head when I got there because he was trying to stand up...SOMEONE is getting a ticket.
                          Me: Fair enough.

He filled out the ticket, then handed me a business card with his cell number on it. He told me that this should be about a $100 ticket for an unsecured load. He said that if it went further than that, to call him and he would sit in court with me.

All in all...it cost me a $112.00 out of pocket and cost the insurance a new semi for Werner, an $1,100.00 mini van and some pain and suffering money (old girl in the mini van broke her wrist).

Comment

I knowed of a feller that run a trapline after school. He bought some Hawbaker's Fox Lure and took that little bottle of magic to school. It was cold outside and we had them steam heaters in the classroom. That feller poured half that bottle on that steam heater. We did not have history class that day

Comment

Definitely pretty dumb, and even more so dangerous now that I look back at it. My cousin and I were running around late one night while still in high school. We had some fireworks and stopped in the middle of nowhere on a caliche county rd to set them off. A few bottle rockets and a couple artillery shells. We were in my 5 speed Nissan pickup, and parked only a couple miles from the county line.

About the time we were finishing up and getting back in the truck red and blues lit us up from a few hundred yards back. Well we hopped in that truck fast as can be and took off driving with no lights. I knew that road like the back of my hand, and the dust from the caliche was a huge help. I used the hand brake to slow her down and make my turns so no lights could be seen to judge distance. We made county line pretty quick and made a few turns to get the heck out of there. Somehow we made it and never got caught lol

Comment

Working...
                              X