Raise your hand if you've ever left your gun at home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Older Brother

Hunting on a friends family ranch that had two sons the same age as me and my older brother. We got invited out together. I was 13. My older brother walked from the blind they dropped him off at over to where they put me one morning to swap rifles. I was like what the heck are you doing here. He wanted the 30-06. So he left with my loaded 30-06 and handed me the .243. About 15 min after shooting light a nice nine point came out at about 70 yards following a doe. I lined him all up, did a short whistle, he stopped and looked right at me, I squeezed the trigger felt the trigger snap and "CLICK" no round in the chamber, buck never moved, still looking my way, so I quietly slide the bolt back and there are no rounds even loaded in the magazine. So I had to sit and watch him run around for about an hour with a pocket full of 30-06 rounds. Little brother was not happy. To this day my older brother laughs about it.

Comment

Right after bow season, I was on an invite far away, really embarrassing

Comment

Ive seen several nice guns rested against a hunting vehicle and then run over too wasnt ever me

Comment

Arrow stay in quiver attached to bow, release is strapped to bow. I used to carry a spare in my backpack.

I did forget ammo once but I always carry a full magazine in the rifle, so that got me thru

I also always carry a spare deer rifle in the truck at all times during season

Comment

when I used to guide goose hunts, I hooked up to my trailer and picked up clients one morning. I only guided part time. The clients had hunted with another guide the day before and assumed he would be taking them out again that day. They had all left their shotguns in his trailer. It was a scramble. I dropped clients and trailer in the field we were hunting. I hauled tail about 30 miles round trip to go pick up the guns and get them back. Scrambled to get all decoys set, trailer hooked up and out of the field. Made it back to the spread just in time to call the first flight in. I got a big tip from that group, but always called on the night before the hunt and asked about guns from that point on. I always carried 2 guns with me as well. I handed my backup nova down to guys with high dollar semi autos on a regular basis. Panhandle sand can jam up the best shotguns.

Comment

I walked half way to the stand Sunday morning only to realize I didn’t have my quiver. [emoji2359]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got to the lease and found out I didn’t have my hunting knife. Try cutting and skinning a deer with a small 3 blade old timer.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                  You tell me.

7-5.

50-7

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                  Must be the getting old part for you then!

Comment

Well, one the guys brought an extra shotgun this morning. Turned out I needed it.

Comment

For those that have left their release at home.... when you take it off your wrist wrap around the limb on your bow.

Comment

No, but only because I’m an obsessive list maker.

Comment

On another note I’ve lost 4 range finders in 3 years

Comment

Nope but I loaned a rifle to a fellow that got invited to hunt the Bristol Ranch. He got there and was so exited he locked the gun and his keys in the truck.....

Comment

I have not had that happen yet thank God!!!!.... but if I did, I would probably drive all the way back to get it or buy a brand new rifle at the nearest gun shop, knowing me. I typically try to leave a rifle at the lease to keep from having to bring it out every trip.

Comment

I haven’t left the gun at the house yet. However, I have been known to be over-served on occasion. The next morning I’ve grab my gun and the wrong ammo. It’s a long, painful 1.5 mile hike back to camp when you ride with another member that doesn’t hunt near you.

Comment

Working...
                                X