Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This Luka kid is pretty special. Go Mavs!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      Eaaaasy now...tap the breaks a little on the Dirk talk. That would require much closer to two decades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this guy plays at this level he only has to play half the time Dirk did. I love dirk, but this kid is pretty special. I haven’t watched a Mavs game in 5 years, but I’ve had to tune in a couple of times this year to watch Luka. He may be on his way to being best player in the NBA.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeDuke View Post
        ** Un-popular opinion alert **

Granted - he is a special, maybe even generational talent, but I was put off by his over-flopping charades the one game I watched him play vs the Lakers.

2 examples come to mind:

On one play Luka and Howard both went for a loose ball and Howard's chin collided with Luka's head...end result was Howard standing there rubbing his chin and Luka curled up on the floor in the fetal position along with other theatrics. I've been on both sides of those types of collisions and the chin shot is worse every time.

Later, Luka and Lebron are 1 on 1...in the exchange it looks like Lebron connects with Luka's face...Luka flops, and raises his hands in disgust appealing to the Ref...slow-mo replay showed ZERO contact.

I respect his skills immensely, but I have a hard time pulling for a flopper.

That kind of play is what makes Soccer unwatchable for me. I guess it's a European thing.
        Is that you Skip ? lol, I kid.

Comment

ESPN's Get Up show this morning was singing his praises after the triple double. Showed a lot of film and he was impressive.

Comment

Like the thread suggests....if you haven’t been paying attention to the Mavs the last few years (who could blame you?) you owe it to yourself just to tune in to a game and watch. If you appreciate well played ball...you can’t watch this kid play and not be a fan IMO.

Impressive from a kid that can’t even buy a drink legally in Texas yet!
            That is all.

Comment

For triple doubles, Bob Cousy at number 10 had 33. Luka has had 7 this year after 14 games (not sure if last night is included).
              He has the most triple doubles before turning 21 than anyone since Magic Johnson who had 7. Luka turns 21 February 28, 2020.
              I know it's way early, but barring injury, we are witnessing a generational talent.

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
                For triple doubles, Bob Cousy at number 10 had 33. Luka has had 7 this year after 14 games (not sure if last night is included).
                He has the most triple doubles before turning 21 than anyone since Magic Johnson who had 7. Luka turns 21 February 28, 2020.
                I know it's way early, but barring injury, we are witnessing a generational talent.

Yes....#7 was last night’s game where he only logged 25 mins of play because it was such a blowout.
                Again, I understand it’s an early, small sample size but there’s absolutely no denying he’s something special. I’m just darn glad the Mavs saw it.
                I also think it’s crazy to consider his age and the potential. I just wonder what his “ceiling” could be?? How much better can a normal athlete progress from this early stage? I mean....it’s not like he’s in his prime yet??
                His basketball IQ is off the charts as it is.....so I guess only time will tell.

Comment

Luka and the Mavs put it on the Rockets in H Town this afternoon. Doncic out played both Harden and Westbrook to end Houston’s 6 game home win streak.

Luka put up 41 pts, 10 assists and 6 boards.
                  5 straight wins for the little Mavericks [emoji108][emoji108]

Comment

This Luka kid is pretty special. Go Mavs!!

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                    Luka and the Mavs put it on the Rockets in H Town this afternoon. Doncic out played both Harden and Westbrook to end Houston’s 6 game home win streak.

Luka put up 41 pts, 10 assists and 6 boards.
                    5 straight wins for the little Mavericks [emoji108][emoji108]

I’m an adopted Houstonian and have adopted the teams... but that dude Luka is something, nothing but props and respect. Hope this guy has a long and healthy career. Love his attitude and admire his love for the game

Comment

He’s a stud!

Comment

Originally posted by Mule Skinner View Post
                        Does he live on the second floor?
                        Lol.

Comment

Well, with the Cowboys sucking it up I’ve switched gears to watching the little Mavericks as they start a 3 game road trip at the Suns tonight. Luka doing Luka things as usual as they pull away from Phoenix in the 4th. Doncic drops 42 pts on them with 11 assists and 9 boards. Just another night in the office.

Next up is Lebron and the Lakers on Sunday.

Go Mavs!!!

Comment

Mavs puttin it on the Lakers in the Staples Center today. Up by 21pts with 2 mins left. I think the little Mavs should have everyone’s attention by now.

Comment

How may triple doubles is he up to now?

Comment

Great win. They won 9 road games all last season. Today makes #7 for the season.

Let's get to 60 wins!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X