No announcement yet.

Remington Sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw the thread title and came here expecting to have to get on my soap box, but it turns out you’re just speaking the truth. All of my Remingtons drive tacks.

Comment

All of my Remington's are tack drivers as well but I will add that they are all older. I think my newest one I got in about 2003-04.

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
        All of my Remington's are tack drivers as well but I will add that they are all older. I think my newest one I got in about 2003-04.
        This one is ‘07 I believe. The newest one I have is a 223 ADL Walmart special that I bought in 2016 or 17. It shoots.

Comment

788 in 6mm and 700 BDL in .270..... both from the 70's and both very, very good shooters..... mounted a Burris Eliminator 3 the 700 last year.....7 shots TOTAL to a 3.5" group at 325 yards...

Comment

Love my Remmy 700's

Comment

My PSS-LTR sucks so bad it even shoots cheap Corlokt 1/2 MOA

Comment

Had a 25-06 sps stainless 5yrs ago that was hard to close the bolt on anything you fed it. Wouldn't hit a paint can at 50yrds. Shop that sold it verified it was awful after shooting it and kindly swapped it out. Wrote it off as a bad chamber or remear issue. But still like all my R700's and wouldn't hesitate to buy another one like I did two weeks ago.

Comment

Yep just ask every " custom " gun shop that has popped up over the last 5 or so years.

Comment

I have seen multiple hogs and deer that have the same opinion of my model 700 .270. No of them are still around to share it though.

Comment

My last Remington was a 1st gen Sendero I bought new, in 7mm Rem. Mag. That thing with just some well done hand loads would shoot 3/8", 5 shot, groups at 200 yards, at 100 yards, it looked like I fired one or two rounds through the same hole.

Comment

Remington Sucks

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
                        Never had a complaint with any Remmy I owned all would go better than 1" with there fav loads...And they never shot without me pulling trigger..Heard of such but thats it...I probably owned 15 in my life...Model 7/700 ADL and BDS /788...None in my stable now gone to TC Encore and bunch of barrels...Dont need but 1 shot anyway!also got a couple sentimental Lever Action...That just sit in stable...
                        Seen the issue you are referring to happen in person. That being said, I’ve never been a fan of stock remington triggers so I replace them first thing anyway. The older triggers were much better, I just don’t have any of those!

I have a “tactical” version that is stock (with the exception of the trigger) and it shoots 1/2 MOA out to 500. I believe I got a good’un.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Recently picked up a 30/06 in a trade. It’s a classy very clean bdl with a Leupold vx1 3-9 scope. 22 inch barrel, plastic butt plate. All I did was sling a timney in it.
                          It had the dreaded j lock on the action...reviews were mixed on that.

I Picked up a box of 165 cor lokts, Sunday morning I sat down at the bench and sent one down range. Not a bullseye...but wasn’t expecting that.
                          Shot two... was it not even on the target? Where the heck was it?
                          So close to shot one I couldn’t see it in the scope

I’ll take it

Comment

Shot one and two on far left.
                            Next shot to the right of those was me adjusting the scope to get a feel.

Far right was me adjusting the scope too much. (Doh!)

The shots in the circle were the final shots
                            Yup. Remingtons definitely suck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Most Remingtons shoot like that, I get in several a year that are "garbage and cant shoot on a pie plate at 100 yards." Usually something loose in the base, rings, action, ect.. or a garbage scope. In several years of gunsmithing I have only had one that just plain out couldn't shoot. I'm not a super high volume smith but I see quite a few come through every year and 99%$ of the time its shooter error or big box store scope mounting issues.

Comment

Long story short: Had a SPS 270WSM that wouldn't shoot. Decided to put a new barrel on it. When gunsmith took old barrel off, he said it was headspaced with Loc-Tite, not torque'd against the action.

All my other Remingtons have been shooters.

Comment

Working...
                                X