2019 Crappie thread!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slew View Post
    I don't know where you talking about but if the river is deep enough for shad to live in when it's gets cold cold some go that way and crappie follow them. The surface temp will be warmer than the water temps on warm days so the shad will come to the surface and the crappie will follow! Same goes for deep. Warmer water will be in the deepest parts of the lake and Shad will go there for warmer water and the crappie will follow. Usually near creek or river channels. These are the fish I'm usually targeting in winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thats another thing. There is an area I have been seeing massive amounts of shad in open water. I have been thinking about trying to sit on top of a group and seeing what happens. I have read some people will troll it for crappie but that doesnt seem like much fun.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
      So they are likely to stage shallow real early? In December I expect them to be deep, but some catch them shallow in Stubblefield when they "should" be deep. Do they crappie in the Stubblefield area act more like creek crappie than lake crappie since they are so far north of the lake?

Snowflake Killa knows this area but not sure if Slew does since its far from home turf...Stubblefield is the far north end of Conroe where the river feeds into Conroe
      Yes usually they will stay in the river channel up there. And I would say a really good warm up in the end of February and into March. But from here on out I would stay out in the river channel.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Hit the south end of Conroe again today. Hit some piles I had caught them on before. Water is about 2' low but got bites in 18' water. They bit pretty good for a while then it slowed down so I moved to another one in a cove about 17' deep. Not a nibble. Was surprised because its a pretty big pile. Noticed then that the wind had shifted 180 degrees.....

Ended up with 13 keepers and one perch. Biggest one was 14" long which is pretty dang big for me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-11-19 17.05.37.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	24599817

Comment

Very nice!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Hell yeah some nice ones

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

[ATTACH]980976[/ATTACH]

Comment

Way better than sitting in an office! I untangled 2 skeins of chenille today in an attempt to tie my first jig and little man has snaked all the thread out of my supply box and stuck it in his stuff!! Knucklehead!!

Comment

Well done MikeT.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

And so it begins! Looks like crap but I bet I can catch a fish on it!

Comment

Second try is a little better but not much! First is 1/4 oz and second is a wedge head 1/8th

Comment

And so it begins! Looks like crap but I bet I can catch a fish on it!

Way better than sitting in an office! I untangled 2 skeins of chenille today in an attempt to tie my first jig and little man has snaked all the thread out of my supply box and stuck it in his stuff!! Knucklehead!!

Looks good to me but I have no idea what this means skeins of chenille Will have to look that up!

Comment

This was number 4! Much better! Dug out the whip finishing tool for this one but that said I still don't know what I'm doing! Maybe get a cheap toaster over to bake powder paint with this week sometime and bake some pink and orange heads. Those are the only 2 colors I use besides plain lead head.

Comment

Crappie tacos for dinner. Pan fried. Dressed with some Tabasco and avocado ranch. This salad was good for crunch, texture and the dressing.

Comment

Looks delicious!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                                Crappie tacos for dinner. Pan fried. Dressed with some Tabasco and avocado ranch. This salad was good for crunch, texture and the dressing.

Will try this

Comment

Working...
                                X