Blackbuck Meat??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blackbuck Meat??

I don't want to put the cart before the horse but I just found out my stepson may get a chance to shoot a blackbuck doe on his youth hunt this weekend. I have never had the meat before. Is it good? Better or worse than whitetail? How do y'all recommend getting it processed (steaks, burger, jerky, etc.)? Thanks.

I've killed only one (a buck). The meat was excellent. Just not much of it. They're tiny.

Comment

I grind it all as there isn't much meat on them. I like it better than axis. It's one of my favorite wild game meats.

Comment

It's good. Every bit as good as whitetail.

Comment

better than Whitetail in my opinion. Happy to take it off your hands

Comment

Good stuff. I pan fried backstrap next to whitetail backstrap and honestly it was just as good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Better than whitetail.

Comment

I like it!! It's good chicken fried, in roasts, stews, grilled...however you'd cook whitetail. I haven't ground any yet but I'm sure it'd make good burger. I think it's a little better than whitetail myself.

Comment

We like it better than axis. Just small animal.

Comment

I'll be the dissenter. I much prefer axis. I thought it tasted strong sand gamey...like goat.

Comment

BB is phenomenal, especially a doe-- there isn't much of it but its dang good. We cooked the rear hams whole as a roast!

Comment

Eat it.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, sounds like it is good eating. Fingers crossed he can get 1.

Comment

its excellent, of all the animals i've shot BB was the best, texture is very much like Beef. unfortunately just not much to them. if whitetail tasted like BB i'd fill every tag every year and make sure my wife and kids did the same. the convenience factor of a animal that size is nice as well.

Comment

about as much meat as a big jack rabbit!

Comment

Working...
                              X