No announcement yet.

No game warden and the poachers know it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure why a poacher or landowner would think a game warden is limited by county, I've been night hunting varmints 40+ years, have had plenty of game checks by my resident warden and his neighbors too. Wardens are like any other po-po, they'll be hanging out where somethings is reported or where illegal activity is historically likely to happen. Make a call to tpwd or the SO somebody will show up.

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
      Is this in Earth County?

Rwc
      Is there a Earth county?

Comment

Originally posted by COOLDAD1 View Post
        Is there a Earth county?
        No but there's an Erath. I think his avatar location is just really vague. I too, live on earth

Comment

Originally posted by Pintail45 View Post
          No but there's an Erath. I think his avatar location is just really vague. I too, live on earth
          Lol there is an Earth, TX.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
            Lol there is an Earth, TX.
            Is that in erath county

Comment

Originally posted by RDT View Post
              Is that in erath county
              panhandle

Comment

When warden Darnell Crist took another job back around 2011, Madison County got plum stupid for a while. Then I got stupider and people stopped coming on our land to fish and hunt. You make a couple of different guys think that they are running for their life to the front gate that is 2 miles away, confiscate a new Dodge dually pickup, confiscate a couple of rifles (one was one guy's family heirloom) and do this on more than one occasion....word will get around and people will find an easier target.

In full disclosure, everything I confiscated was returned to the offenders thru either the Sheriff's Dept, the parents in one case, and a mutual acquaintance in another.
                Last edited by curtintex; 10-18-2019, 02:31 PM.

Comment

I don’t recommend getting in a car chase, too dangerous on dirt

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
                    I don’t recommend getting in a car chase, too dangerous on dirt

Maybe shoot out their tires and then they can’t drive so fast?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Erath county, Stephenville is the county seat. Earth is in the panhandle. Usually called Spring Lake - Earth.

That stinks the GWs are not around. Our dudes are crawlin around all the time. They are awesome to work and visit with.

Comment

[ATTACH]976788[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post
                          Below is a link to the game wardens by county. You can also look up and call the regional offices...
                          Yes wardens to get transferred/retire/quit from time to time, but I am pretty sure one of the surrounding county GW's is assigned to fill in on major cases until a full time replacement is brought in.

If you know who is poaching, and have high speed chases going through you ranch - I'm pretty sure TPWD would like to hear about it.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/warden/game-warden-list.phtml
                          Thanks for the link, just put in our warden in my cell, ya' never know!

Comment

So where is it we’re talking about? I have 350 acres in Erath.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota7493 View Post
                              So where is it we’re talking about? I have 350 acres in Erath.
                              It’s a great story but a secret location I guess !?!

Comment

Ain’t no deer worth getting shot over. Advice for the poacher and the land owner.

Comment

Working...
                                X