Food plot and a little work today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
    It was almost entirely flood plain and we were never gonna put a house or camp on it.

I got a good offer from my neighbor and the time was right. We had it on a 20 year note and for the monthly payments I was paying...I could have gotten on an awesome lease and also go on a good elk hunt every year. Also it was too small....you could hear the neighbors alot...and that's the one thing that convinced me to sell it. But the deer hunting was fantastic.

Next place will be bigger/better.
    I totally understand!!!!

I can't wait for the next UNCLEFISH thread

Comment

Planted oats and kale today at the homestead place in Washington County. Weeds were 2-3 feet tall but I was pressed for time to get it in before the rain hit.

Didn't spray it.... Didn't mow it. I just starting discing until I had a decent seed bed and slung some seed. Quick and easy and the rain hit literally as I ran out of seed. Had around an inch of hard rain.

Got one decent buck on camera that showed up 3 days ago. Set up a popup blind before I left so I have a south wind blind to bow hunt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Decent indeed, good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I count 11 points!
          Good luck.
          You hunting Saturday?

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
            Decent indeed, good luck!

Thank you sir!

Originally posted by tmstuk View Post
            I count 11 points!
            Good luck.
            You hunting Saturday?

I'd give it an 80% chance of yes.

Comment

no new posts? I loved your thread

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                no new posts? I loved your thread
                Unfortunately, he sold his property. I really miss the updates on this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                  Unfortunately, he sold his property. I really miss the updates on this thread.
                  Yes I remember that. Thought he may have gotten a new place with his dedication for improvements

Comment

Hey guys. I did sell my place last year but bought another one near Waco. Its not really a deer place though.....its got a big lake on it and so fishing and duck hunting will be the main activities. Its fairly open country but it does have some woods surrounding the lake and on my neighbor's place. And there is a creek a half mile from my place so it probably has some deer wander on my place. In fact the previous owners found a big 8 pt dead on my property last year....so I'm gonna put some hand corn out and maybe even a feeder and see what I get on camera.

The lake is very unique and I have big plans for it....it should have decent duck hunting too with all the water in the vicinity and being within a mile of the Brazos.

Comment

Hey guys. I did sell my place last year but bought another one near Waco. Its not really a deer place though.....its got a big lake on it and so fishing and duck hunting will be the main activities. Its fairly open country but it does have some woods surrounding the lake and on my neighbor's place. And there is a creek a half mile from my place so it probably has some deer wander on my place. In fact the previous owners found a big 8 pt dead on my property last year....so I'm gonna put some hand corn out and maybe even a feeder and see what I get on camera.

The lake is very unique and I have big plans for it....it should have decent duck hunting too with all the water in the vicinity and being within a mile of the Brazos.
                      Awesome to hear! Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                        Awesome to hear! Congratulations!
                        Thank you! Now if I only had more time to use it....ha.

Comment

Update:

There aren't many deer on my new place but this one got my peaked my interest.

Comment

Update:

There aren't many deer on my new place but this one got my peaked my interest.

Ya that pic surprised me the other day. Wasn't expecting that out there. How's the fishing been?

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                              Ya that pic surprised me the other day. Wasn't expecting that out there. How's the fishing been?
                              Fishing was great before this cold weather hit.

No ducks so far. Saw some big wads of diving ducks on the big neighboring lakes but those are not hunted.

Comment

Working...
                              X