Closed Thread
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 01-10-2020, 12:34 AM   #101
17ncs
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fayette Co., Greene Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaginCagin View Post
Really, LSU has been to 4 NC games in the last 16 years. How many other teams in the country have been that consistent. Bet you can count them on one hand.
yep, I think those rings in the last ten years fit nicely on one hand

Quote:
Yep, they are possibly the new Bama. I didn't say LSU was the most consistent. I said you could count on one hand the teams that have been to that many in the last 16 years or even that consistent. Bama, Clemson, Ohio St, OU and LSU.

Except I don't think BAMA is ready to be the OLD BAMA.

I guess we will see how that's going to pan out starting about 240 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Is it still dove season?
That was a good one, Boss
17ncs is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2020, 01:44 AM   #102
17ncs
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fayette Co., Greene Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quackadikt View Post
To all the nay-sayers our three, just remember that Bama team we stomped 44-16 was supposedly the best fooseball team to step on a field in like 74 years or something like that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Name:  483B5F88-6171-425F-98BB-6274AA13D1DF.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  12.3 KB

That team had gotten better by the end of the year but there was one year that all the books etc were ready to go to press but when it was time to stand up and be counted BAMA sat down. They wound up like one of the teams will this year, not really remembered.

It is hard not to get sucked in and drink the koolaid of the passing offense but...

I would like to be down there, dressed and headed to Antoine’s again.

Y’all have fun and be safe..
17ncs is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2020, 04:44 AM   #103
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
Championship week thread..and 87% of the posts are about Aggies...

Ya'll need more beer.
If you do not have skin in the game why even post about your team?
Bayouboy is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2020, 05:33 AM   #104
systemnt
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayouboy View Post
If you do not have skin in the game why even post about your team?
What position you play, baw?
Got that sheepskin did ya?
systemnt is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2020, 06:54 AM   #105
lovemylegacy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: SETx,La,Il,Ks,Mo

I got to admit, I think LSU will win, but Clemson has more than a chance to take it. I am a little concerned. Im hoping LSU has saved their best performance for last. Dabo is a football genius and gets the best from his team. Shoot out to defensive struggle.
lovemylegacy is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2020, 07:10 AM   #106
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Quote:
What position you play, baw?
Got that sheepskin did ya?
Same position you play. Cheerleader. Except, I cheer for a MUCH better team baw! One that is in the championship game. Will win the championship game. And, afterwards laugh at many of you that will crawl into your crawfish hole afterwards. Then, poke your head out every so often and talk about some nobody recruit you got and how you are own your way.

One Team!
One Heartbeat!

Geaux Bayou Bengals!
Old 01-10-2020, 07:12 AM   #107
systemnt
Pope & Young

Quote:
Same position you play. Cheerleader. Except, I cheer for a MUCH better team baw! One that is in the championship game. Will win the championship game. And, afterwards laugh at many of you that will crawl into your crawfish hole afterwards. Then, poke your head out every so often and talk about some nobody recruit you got and how you are own your way.

One Team!

One Heartbeat!

Geaux Bayou Bengals!
Thats skin?
Pretty thin. Baw.

Btw..

Last edited by systemnt; 01-10-2020 at 07:17 AM.
Old 01-10-2020, 07:42 AM   #108
sotx
Ten Point

Hunt In: McMullen County

52 - 14 lsu
sotx is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2020, 08:58 AM   #109
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Now it's up to a 38 point blowout.

Dear lord people. Do y'all even watch football?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Burntorange Bowhunter is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2020, 09:03 AM   #110
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Thats skin?
Pretty thin. Baw.

Btw..

Naw…. he ain't gone. You may want to tune in on the 13th and watch the game. You will see LSU as one of the teams playing. Remember them. The team that btho of your team 50-7. And, had to take the foot off the gas due to the mercy rule. Even if it is band aid sized skin. It is wayyyyyy more than you have in it. Zero. Of course LSUA is not main campus. But, it is still part of the great LSU system. What you got baw? Melted Blue Bell and a sore butt from that beatdown in red stick?
Old 01-10-2020, 09:21 AM   #111
MarkV
Pope & Young

Can I be a tiger fan and be level headed on here?

Going into the Georgia game I thought LSU would win and should beat Georgia but didn't expect that.
Going into the Oklahoma game I thought LSU would win and should beat Oklahoma but I didn't expect 49 points in the first half.

Going into the game Monday I feel like it will be a good game. I think Ohio State was the better team when they played Clemson but Clemson did what they do and found a way to win. I don't think Clemson can keep up with LSU scoring but if LSU doesn't slow Etienne down then Clemson can slow LSU down by keeping Burrow off the field.

Wish I had $3k laying around so I could make the trip. Should be a great game. And LSU is 1-0 this year when the Donald is in attendance. GEAUX TIGERS!!!
MarkV is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2020, 09:22 AM   #112
systemnt
Pope & Young

Quote:
Naw…. he ain't gone. You may want to tune in on the 13th and watch the game. You will see LSU as one of the teams playing. Remember them. The team that btho of your team 50-7. And, had to take the foot off the gas due to the mercy rule. Even if it is band aid sized skin. It is wayyyyyy more than you have in it. Zero. Of course LSUA is not main campus. But, it is still part of the great LSU system. What you got baw? Melted Blue Bell and a sore butt from that beatdown in red stick?
Old 01-10-2020, 09:25 AM   #113
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Quote:
50-7.
Old 01-10-2020, 09:26 AM   #114
systemnt
Pope & Young

Old 01-10-2020, 09:27 AM   #115
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHLK...ature=youtu.be

Even COCO say's.... We Comin'!
Old 01-10-2020, 09:39 AM   #116
rvd
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkV View Post

Going into the Georgia game I thought LSU would win and should beat Georgia but didn't expect that.
Going into the Oklahoma game I thought LSU would win and should beat Oklahoma but I didn't expect 49 points in the first half.

Going into the game Monday I feel like it will be a good game. I think Ohio State was the better team when they played Clemson but Clemson did what they do and found a way to win. I don't think Clemson can keep up with LSU scoring but if LSU doesn't slow Etienne down then Clemson can slow LSU down by keeping Burrow off the field.

Wish I had $3k laying around so I could make the trip. Should be a great game. And LSU is 1-0 this year when the Donald is in attendance. GEAUX TIGERS!!!
I concur with your logic on the championship game and the other games LSU played.

I really think Etienne's success or Clemson running the ball successfully (which was the qb last week when it counted) is the pivotal piece of the game.

Appreciate the level head, the humor of the fanboy chatter on these threads is entertaining but I do enjoy some actual ball talk occasionally
rvd is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2020, 11:54 AM   #117
quackadikt
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wherever I can

Quote:

Here's a closet LSU fan's notes to yours -

I thought LSU would beat Georgia, and thought they would demolish Oklahoma unless OU jumped out to a 2 score lead. I think they have a good chance of beating Clemson by 14 depending on which Clemson shows up.

Here's a Clemson alum's response to the latter part of your notes-

I think you're way underestimating how quick Clemson can score. We have had a LOT of TD drives this year with 2, 3, 4 plays. Higgins and Ross are dangerous, but Rogers can be too. ETN is at the mercy of which OL shows up for him, but we all know how explosive he can be. If we(Clemson) show up slow like we did against the suckeyes, we get beat by 3 or 4 TDs. If we come out breathing fire and playing football, it's going to be a good game.

If Edwards-Helaire is healthy, he scares me more than Burrow.
quackadikt is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2020, 12:09 PM   #118
rvd
Ten Point

Quote:

I thought LSU would beat Georgia, and thought they would demolish Oklahoma unless OU jumped out to a 2 score lead. I think they have a good chance of beating Clemson by 14 depending on which Clemson shows up.

I think you're way underestimating how quick Clemson can score. We have had a LOT of TD drives this year with 2, 3, 4 plays. Higgins and Ross are dangerous, but Rogers can be too. ETN is at the mercy of which OL shows up for him, but we all know how explosive he can be. If we(Clemson) show up slow like we did against the suckeyes, we get beat by 3 or 4 TDs. If we come out breathing fire and playing football, it's going to be a good game.

Agree with most but not the last line, E-H is a really good rb (as is Etienne) but Burrow has been the most dominating qb I've seen in cfb in a long time, maybe ever (not sure who I'd say was more dominating but maybe someone). Burrow has been very close to flawless for the entire season imo, that's epic "scary" to me if I'm Clemson.
Old 01-10-2020, 12:11 PM   #119
lovemylegacy
Pope & Young

Quote:

Good read. Lot of people undersale the WR corp for Clemson. Very good hands and blazing speed, do not understand why they don't get more props. Coach O will not underestimate them. Eitienne will be looking for revenge for the lack of recruiting he received from LSU. If LSU can keep him out of the End Zone, that would be great. The good thing is, LSU practices against backs like him.

Honestly, I think Clemson and LSU are as close to a mirror image as you possibly can get in a CFB game. Gonna be a close one.

Edwards Hellaire is healthy. He could have played more in the last game. Preservation.
Old 01-10-2020, 12:19 PM   #120
quackadikt
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvd View Post
[/B]

Agree with most but not the last line, E-H is a really good rb (as is Etienne) but Burrow has been the most dominating qb I've seen in cfb in a long time, maybe ever (not sure who I'd say was more dominating but maybe someone). Burrow has been very close to flawless for the entire season imo, that's epic "scary" to me if I'm Clemson.
I don't mean he's better than Burrow, but Burrow being so good makes him a homerun threat everytime he touches the ball since a lot of schemes are going to be drawn up to defend Burrow's arm. That, and the kid is 5' nothing, so it's a chore to tackle him.
Old 01-10-2020, 12:20 PM   #121
lovemylegacy
Pope & Young

What happen to the Mike Leach thread? It got axed?
Old 01-10-2020, 12:23 PM   #122
rvd
Ten Point

Quote:
I don't mean he's better than Burrow, but Burrow being so good makes him a homerun threat everytime he touches the ball since a lot of schemes are going to be drawn up to defend Burrow's arm. That, and the kid is 5' nothing, so it's a chore to tackle him.
Completely agree.

I really hope its an all out battle til the end, some really good coaches matching wits paired with a boatload of great football players, should be fun time.
Old 01-10-2020, 12:43 PM   #123
El General
Ten Point

Hunt In: Coke County

34-30 lsu
El General is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2020, 12:45 PM   #124
EastTexasMan
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Texas - Pop Up blind & Old Mexico

Just saw a report on football scoop that Matt Rhule May be targeting joe Brady for OC at Carolina

EastTexasMan is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2020, 12:50 PM   #125
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexasMan View Post
Just saw a report on football scoop that Matt Rhule May be targeting joe Brady for OC at Carolina

How many teams so far have rumored that? Appears a new one pops up daily.

Rookie NFL coach and a rookie O C. That would work wonders.

Last edited by Bayouboy; 01-10-2020 at 01:22 PM.
Old 01-10-2020, 12:54 PM   #126
thegrouse
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wilson and San Saba County

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemylegacy View Post
Last I remember there is to be only 1 college football thread. Everything college football should be in here. It gets tough for the moderators to herd cats in two threads
thegrouse is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2020, 01:00 PM   #127
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

All classes canceled. Party on!!!

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/lsu-f...sday/87935037/
Old 01-10-2020, 01:12 PM   #128
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

This is the lamest CFB thread in years.

Anyone heard from Macdaddy?? He must be slayin the dove! Or maybe he's already in New Orleans. Someone call and tell him the unstoppable juggernaut that WAS the bucknutz, with the greatest qb in the land, and the greatest invisible linebacker ever.....got beat like a month ago!

Maybe after this he can dream of Clempson things all night instead of The University of Texas.
Dale Moser is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2020, 01:18 PM   #129
quackadikt
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
Maybe after this he can dream of Clempson things all night instead
We aren't accepting anymore Ohio lovers...thanks though.
Old 01-10-2020, 01:28 PM   #130
systemnt
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemylegacy View Post
Axed his way in t a SEC contract after sayin he wasnt going anywhere.
Pirate is a savage.
Old 01-10-2020, 01:31 PM   #131
JFFB
Spike

Hunt In: Pointe Coupee
Thumbs up Tigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotx View Post
52 - 14 lsu
I Love that score. Geaux Tigers
JFFB is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2020, 01:34 PM   #132
JFFB
Spike

Lightbulb Tigas

Quote:

No worries Tigas going to mop the field with Lawrence. Lol
Old 01-10-2020, 01:36 PM   #133
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

The College Football crew over at Fox Sports unveiled their National Championship picks this week and everyone but Matt Leinart is going with LSU to win it all.

Here are their predictions:

Urban Meyer: LSU, 42-28

Bruce Feldman: LSU, 38-35

Joel Klatt: LSU, 42-31

Matt Leinart: Clemson 42,-41
Old 01-10-2020, 01:37 PM   #134
JFFB
Spike

Default Tigas

Quote:
Cool video.
Old 01-10-2020, 01:38 PM   #135
Passthrough
Pope & Young

Quote:
This is the lamest CFB thread in years.

Anyone heard from Macdaddy?? He must be slayin the dove! Or maybe he's already in New Orleans. Someone call and tell him the unstoppable juggernaut that WAS the bucknutz, with the greatest qb in the land, and the greatest invisible linebacker ever.....got beat like a month ago!

Maybe after this he can dream of Clempson things all night instead of The University of Texas.
Don’t forget the Cleveland Browns! They were to be contenders this year as well!!
Passthrough is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2020, 01:40 PM   #136
JFFB
Spike

Default Tigas

Quote:

Lol lots of 2,3, and 4 play scores. Against Who.
Old 01-10-2020, 01:42 PM   #137
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
The College Football crew over at Fox Sports unveiled their National Championship picks this week and everyone but Matt Leinart is going with LSU to win it all.

Here are their predictions:

Urban Meyer: LSU, 42-28

Bruce Feldman: LSU, 38-35

Joel Klatt: LSU, 42-31

Matt Leinart: Clemson 42,-41
Kinda seems like 2005.

Texas and Vince Young stood no chance against the mighty Trojans and their TWO heisman winners.

Old 01-10-2020, 02:05 PM   #138
Rush2Judge
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wood County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
Kinda seems like 2005.

Texas and Vince Young stood no chance against the mighty Trojans and their TWO heisman winners.

That's a great comparison. We can only hope it will be as exciting.
Rush2Judge is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2020, 02:43 PM   #139
rvd
Ten Point

Quote:
Kinda seems like 2005.

Truth
Old 01-10-2020, 02:56 PM   #140
quackadikt
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFFB View Post
Lol lots of 2,3, and 4 play scores. Against Who.

Take your pick since 2015-ish...

It’d be the same if we would have played a grueling schedule against the likes of Ga Southern, Texas, Northwestern State, Utah state, Mississippi state, Ole Miss, Arkansas, aTm, and Oklahoma.

Old 01-10-2020, 03:11 PM   #141
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Bayou Bengals have nothing to lose. May as well play like it. Going against the new dynasty, Yabba Dabba Doo has the heavens smiling down on him, Bayou Jeaux is a castoff from the big pecans that Clemson just beat, Clemson has all the experience, and LSU was predicted to go 8-4 and finish at best third in the SECW.

Only shot LSU has is Eaux wore #77 when he and Bobby H won a state championship. And, Miss CoCo just turned 77. She said there is your sign.
Old 01-10-2020, 03:16 PM   #142
TildenHunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tilden & Utopia
Default 2019 CFB Season National ChampionshipThread

Quote:
Kinda seems like 2005.

Except Texas wasn’t shooting to go 30-0. Nobody should see Clemson, the defending champions, as much of an underdog. Do I think LSU wins, yes. Would I be surprised if Clemson won, absolutely not. They are a great team and have been for years now. Dabo has been spewing the “poor us” crap all year. I like Dabo a lot but give me a break ACC is way down this year. Not his fault but nobody was actively trying to keep Clemson out. They are a top 3 team and were treated as such.

TildenHunter is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2020, 03:16 PM   #143
systemnt
Pope & Young

Old 01-10-2020, 03:29 PM   #144
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Does not include people in pre-school and third year kindergarteners. Therefore, you must still attend class.

Last edited by Bayouboy; 01-10-2020 at 03:40 PM.
Old 01-10-2020, 03:29 PM   #145
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by TildenHunter View Post
Except Texas wasn’t shooting to go 30-0. Nobody should see Clemson, the defending champions, as much of an underdog. Do I think LSU wins, yes. Would I be surprised if Clemson won, absolutely not. They are a great team and have been for years now. Dabo has been spewing the “poor us” crap all year. I like Dabo a lot but give me a break ACC is way down this year. Not his fault but nobody was actively trying to keep Clemson out. They are a top 3 team and were treated as such.

I certainly don't see them as an underdog. I've been picking them for weeks.

Old 01-10-2020, 03:39 PM   #146
drop dead fred
Pope & Young

Hunt In: TX, Neb, Illinois, MEXICO

LETS GEAUX!!!!

drop dead fred is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2020, 03:41 PM   #147
TildenHunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tilden & Utopia
Default 2019 CFB Season National ChampionshipThread

Quote:
I certainly don't see them as an underdog. I've been picking them for weeks.

I know you been picking them for a while. I was saying they are not comparable to UT in 2005 with “having no shot” because they are shooting to go 30-0.

Vince Young made some absolutely incredible plays to win that game and 60-70% they lose that game. Based on talent and unlikely plays that had to work and they did. I just don’t buy the whole “poor Clemson” narrative that Dabo and others are putting out there.

TildenHunter is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2020, 03:48 PM   #148
Black Ice
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jefferson & Brooks County

Geaux Tigers!

Black Ice is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2020, 03:54 PM   #149
Smart
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tom Green County

Quote:
Anyone heard from Macdaddy?? He must be slayin the dove! .

For the record....as this has seemed to taken a different tract from the original comment and I don't want to be lumped in with a beatdown related disappearance like Mackdaddy's. The dove hunting was originally referenced BEFORE the LSU game as to why I was not going to be able to WATCH the game, being in Hereford, Texas, at a kids fishing event and dove hunting in the evening. And that I'd rather dove hunt than watch a football game....to which BoB couldn't understand. I did however make it back at half since we limited out quick enough to do so and shot enough Eurasians to make it fun..... And now you old forgetful farts know errr remember the rest of the story......Good day!

Carry on.....

Go Tigers!...
Smart is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2020, 03:56 PM   #150
texan4ut
Ten Point

Hunt In: Where I can, Terrell County

Quote:
Really, LSU has been to 4 NC games in the last 16 years. How many other teams in the country have been that consistent. Bet you can count them on one hand.
Clemson has been to 4 out of the last 5.
texan4ut is offline   Back To The Top
Closed Thread