No announcement yet.

2019/20 Duck Season - Official Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i've been hunting north of the red river the past week as OK teal season opened up last Saturday. Been seeing decent numbers but today the full moon sent all my birds south. Saw 6 teal all morning. shot 3 and completely whiffed on one.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2427.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	24592207Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2431.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	24592206

Got ourselves our 4 man limit this morning, 20 minute shoot kept the barrels hot. Best duck hunt I’ve ever had considering last year was my first year. If the season stays like this it’s gonna be a good one.

Comment

Slow morning here. 3 shy of our limit. Fun watching a pup on his first hunt.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

We had 3 limits of teal this AM in Garwood. Fair amount of birds. Another group of 3 had limits down the road. Saw several groups still in the field around 9 so definitely not a barn burner for the start.

Comment

Slow morning in Brookshire, North of 10. Didn't hear of any good reports in the area.

Comment

Did ok in Eagle Lake with 2w

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Okay morning here in central Tx . 5 missed a few
                Attached Files

Comment

some good info on aging a sexing blue wing teal during early season

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvs-VE2gdHw"]Duckology - Determining the Sex and Age Of Blue-winged Teal - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                    We had 3 limits of teal this AM in Garwood. Fair amount of birds. Another group of 3 had limits down the road. Saw several groups still in the field around 9 so definitely not a barn burner for the start.
                    Nice going David! Sounds like a great hunt!

Comment

I heard 2 small volleys today on fork while we were fishing. Saw a dozen birds off the road in backwater on my way back to the camp yesterday. 25 crappie > 4 teal and 8 million skeeters to this old boy!![emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

6 man limit around Altair and did well around East Bernard also

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                          I heard 2 small volleys today on fork while we were fishing. Saw a dozen birds off the road in backwater on my way back to the camp yesterday. 25 crappie > 4 teal and 8 million skeeters to this old boy!![emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Dang, and I am stuck at work. Lol. Sounds like a good weekend. Well except for the skeeters.

Comment

The refuge gave up 15 birds to us, my 11 year old nephew got to experience the rice rocket effect for the first time , for 3 of us we didnt do bad between the poor shooting and lost birds . very few people hunting this morning , hope everyone had a good weekend .
                            Attached Files

Comment

Decent day at 2Woutfitters

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats slammer and medina!
                                Slow for us in Garwood this am. We hunted a pond that was good yesterday. Today birds weren't even in the air around us. Guys went where we were yesterday and got their limits for 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X