No announcement yet.

How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My buddy is probably one of the few that has caught a hammer head in texas waters on a fly rod. not a huge hammer, but a hammer none the less.

Day 2 Here

Comment

Originally posted by Merc View Post
      No idea where we are going but heading up to visit my brother in Denver later part of September and he's booked us a trip for my birthday.

I'll post up once we are back from that. Still haven't fished the San Marcos....and I live there.
      Let me know what ended up working for you. Going to Pagosa Springs first week of October and I have no idea what hatch or flies are good to use that time of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
        My buddy is probably one of the few that has caught a hammer head in texas waters on a fly rod. not a huge hammer, but a hammer none the less.

Day 2 Here

That's awesome. Offshore with the fly rod is something I've been wanting to try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just got back today from coopers landing, Alaska. It was absolutely amazing.
          Last edited by simsknives; 08-23-2016, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by simsknives View Post

Those are awesome pics and some very nice trout!

Comment

Originally posted by simsknives View Post

I love that you can see the dozens of fish swimming in the water behind you in those last couple of pics. Did you even have to sight cast?

Comment

Speaking of fly fishing here is my state record in its new home

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cmh2007 View Post
                  Speaking of fly fishing here is my state record in its new home

Caught that here in Tx? Thats a nice snook! Bet it put up a good fight on a fly rod too!

Comment

Brownsville 2 years ago 37 inches and 13 lbs

Comment

Thats a stud of a fish!

Comment

Had a good time up in Colorado last week. Day 1 is posted below. more to come.

Click Here for more Pics

Comment

Hitting up brushy creek for the first time in a while, I'll update in a few hours

Comment

Well fukk!!! Somehow snapped my rod off on a strike!

If any one has an old 5wt rod laying around holler at me

Comment

Originally posted by klooney View Post
                              Well fukk!!! Somehow snapped my rod off on a strike!

If any one has an old 5wt rod laying around holler at me
                              Oh no!!!! Those rods have a 1 year warranty. Haven't you had it less than that?

Caught this guy tonight on my 4wt. First ever time a fish has taken me to the reel. It was a blast.

Comment

Caught a bunch of big browns with Jason Loyd, a great guide on the White River, the last week of July. Look him up if you need a guide there.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X