German Shepard needs a home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is she with other dogs?

If no one closer takes her I might be able to make the drive. Up to the wife and all...

Comment

She’s pretty!!

Comment

Sorry everyone, I work nights so I’m just waking up. Stoof is first in line (I’ll pm you back here in a minute) and if he can’t take her I’ll go down the line using PM’s. I didn’t ask if she is still intact but I’ll check. I know she rides just fine in cars lol. I know she hasn’t tried to eat anyone yet. I’ll get a little more information and post as soon as I know. I may just go get her since I have cats, babies and other dogs. Then I can get a good read on her and let y’all know. My only problem is scheduling that since I work so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Alright here’s the update: I have her now and Stoof is coming this week to see if she will fit in his family. If that doesn’t work out here’s what I’ve figured out.

She’s absolutely a working bred dog. Knows sit and down very well. Doesn’t care about cats. Isn’t bothered at all by my 6 year old daughter getting all in her space. She’s super quiet, no barking (until we left her alone in the kennel) and timid around other dogs. She ran from my Boykin and my dominant female GSD so she will do fine with other dogs. She’s thin and needs some groceries. She kennels well until you leave her alone then she talks and howls lol. She doesn’t like to be left alone with dogs so that tells me she’s likely been an only dog with one or two owners. She responds to me very well, almost too well. I feel like someone lost their young working dog that has been started well.

With a little companionship and groceries she’s going to make Stoof, or someone else one heck of a dog.

Comment

We’re taking her for sure. See you tomorrow Misty.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
              We’re taking her for sure. See you tomorrow Misty.
              That’s Great!

Comment

I’m glad Stoof called her, because the last thing we need is another GSD right now.... and I know I dang sure wanted to come get her lol

Comment

Kinda crazy to find such a awesome animal, great job fellas.

Comment

Hah yeah, obviously I have a soft spot for GSD’s but you don’t normally find one quite so......specifically bred. I’ve seen plenty of American Black and Tan shepherds looking for homes but it’s not normal to find a dog bred this way just wandering around. Darn fine pup. Fetches like CRAZY, not dominant at all, cool with cats and kids and already has some obedience training. I bet if I knew her name I’d unlock how well trained she is but I don’t want to spend too much time with her because I need Stoof’s family to be the ones to bond.

Brother I’m excited to give her to you as it seems she is a gem for sure. I’ll see you tomorrow evening!

Comment

Have you taken her to the vet to make sure she isnt microchiped? Might want to do that before you try to place her in a new home.

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                        Have you taken her to the vet to make sure she isnt microchiped? Might want to do that before you try to place her in a new home.

Yes. She has been to the vet and does not have a microchip. We have scoured the internet and local vet and pet places looking for someone who lost their dog and she does not fit any of those descriptions. I wouldn’t give a dog away without doing my very best to make sure a home is actually needed. Thanks though.

Comment

Actually went back to make sure I had put that in the original post and looks like I did. “Not chipped”. [emoji1303]

Comment

Great find Reiner! Good luck with the new critter Stoof.

Reiner...If Stoof backs out...Ill give her a loving home...a GSD is going to be our next dog acquisition.

Comment

Awwwww....what a beautiful dog, and happy ending!

Comment

Good on you Stoof! Hope to get some pics of her all settled in with the family.

Comment

Working...
                                X