Which bino’s? Vortex, Maven, or Meopta?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which bino’s? Vortex, Maven, or Meopta?

I’ve got an aoudad hunt planned for October, and feel like I “need” to upgrade to some better binoculars for all day glassing. I primarily bow hunt, so my Vortex Diamondback 10x42’s work fine most of the time. That being said, this is a rifle hunt and I don’t want to pack binocs and a spotting scope. I’ve been happy with my higher end Vortex and Leupold glass, but I’m intrigued by Maven and Meopta. Has anyone done a side by side comparison in the field? TIA for feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maven puts out a great product for the money. A number of my friends have them a really like them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Love my mavens.

Comment

Can't beat the glass in a Meopta.

Comment

Originally posted by BayouCat View Post
          Can't beat the glass in a Meopta.
          ^^^ this right here. Meopta has the brightest and clearest image out of those 3. Well worth the money

Comment

I took diamond backs on an antelope hunt. I learned on that hunt I will have swaros on the next big game hunt I make.

However, the dude that swears by EL swaros mentioned Meopta

Comment

Is there anyone on TBH that sells Meopta?

Comment

Also, I was going to go with 12x50’s but I’m thinking they might be bulky. Will I regret it if I go with 10x42’s?

Comment

Originally posted by txheartshot View Post
                  Also, I was going to go with 12x50’s but I’m thinking they might be bulky. Will I regret it if I go with 10x42’s?

How steady handed are you? Or do you plan on running a tripod with them. Me personally, my hands shake too much to run 12x binos without a rest. I have noticed a huge difference in "shake" between the 10s and 12s

Comment

I’m steady handed sitting in a blind, but I don’t know how steady handed I’ll be after hiking 3-4 miles in west TX. I plan on using a tripod when I can, though.

Comment

I’m steady handed sitting in a blind, but I don’t know how steady handed I’ll be after hiking 3-4 miles in west TX. I plan on using a tripod when I can, though.

You won't regret the 10X42's and they are much more useful all around. Definitely use a tripod though.

Comment

None of the ones you asked about but I run 10x42 and they are plenty in big open country. Spotting scope can decide if we chase a particular animal. Binos find em.

Comment

I run 10x42's and I hunt in big country up here in Wyoming. Never wanted for more and would not want any less.

Comment

Check out phoneskope and digiscoping.
                            Hook your phone up to your binos.

Comment

Is there anyone on TBH that sells Meopta?

Not TBH, but I and I believe several others here bought their glass at Cameraland in New York. Good folks.

I got the Meopta & like them.

Comment

Working...
                              X