Put 5W-30 in your NEW Tundra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put 5W-30 in your NEW Tundra

Update: confirmed that the 3UR is recommended to run a whole suite of heavier oils. Screenshots from UAE 200 5.7L manual below. More proof that environmental regulatory agencies have handcuffed Toyota in the states. I spent the better part of yesterday’s afternoon researching oil viscosities...

Did ALOT of research online. I think these trucks could last a lot longer, and have fewer issues if they weren't running 0W-20.

If you dig around online some guys have even got they're warranty approved to run 5W-30 by the dealer they purchased from.

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
    https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/upd...-rotw.1215433/

Did ALOT of research online. I think these trucks could last a lot longer, and have fewer issues if they weren't running 0W-20.

If you dig around online some guys have even got they're warranty approved to run 5W-30 by the dealer they purchased from.
    0W-20 in the winter, and 5w-20 in the summer.
    1oz of 2 stroke oil per 5 gal of gas, every fill up.
    10k oil changes.
    I'm fast approaching 300k and no issues yet other than a alternator & wheel bearing.
    People run em to 500k fairly regularly on stock everything.
    The mpg is also based on the fluids in the engine, trans, and diffs.
    That is why your mpg will fluctuate depending on who service what, with which fluid.
    I never let a dealership or jiffy like touch any vehicle I have .
    What issues are you specifically referring to?

Comment

0W-16 is what they want in a lot of the new Toyota’s.

Comment

Engine issues with Tundras?
        News to me. I drove one for 10 years without a hitch.
        Also, you don’t need approval to run off spec oil and maintain your warranty.
        The idea that warranties are voided by certain consumer practices is a dealer scam.

Comment

My Tacoma calls for 5w-30

Comment

20w-50 is that crazy

A SAE 20W-50 motor oil is typically used in vehicles in particularly warm climates. Castrol GTX 20W-50 has been specially formulated to help extend the life of your engine by keeping it free from sludge, even when operating in extremely high temperatures.

This is what I ran in my 6.0 Chevy, I was thinking about it in the 5.3 Chevy
            Or do they engineer every brand Moter for 0w20 , it’s so dang hot around here and my 5.7 , 6.0 gassers never had a problem

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
              A SAE 20W-50 motor oil is typically used in vehicles in particularly warm climates. Castrol GTX 20W-50 has been specially formulated to help extend the life of your engine by keeping it free from sludge, even when operating in extremely high temperatures.

This is what I ran in my 6.0 Chevy, I was thinking about it in the 5.3 Chevy
              Or do they engineer every brand Moter for 0w20 , it’s so dang hot around here and my 5.7 , 6.0 gassers never had a problem
              Those engines don’t have variable valve timing or cam phasers either.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
                Those engines don’t have variable valve timing or cam phasers either.
                So is that a yah or a ney/ yes or no that 20w50 can be a summer heat motor oil

Comment

Ive been running 5W-30 Castrol Synthetic in mine since the 1st oil change. Its a 2007 with 160k and no major issues (air pump and starter replaced).

Comment

I have a 2011 crewmax with 287k on it I have never had any problems with it, tires oil from the dealership they are the only one that has ever raised the hood. I also have a 2021 crewmax with 2600 miles on it, I will have the dealership service it’s well. I hope to have both of them for a long time to come. I still use the 2011 to haul my trailer to the ranch so I don’t have to put the mileage on the new one.

Comment

Working...
                    X