COVID test for Mexico Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COVID test for Mexico Trip

I am sure it has been asked/discussed, but traveling TO Mexico and called to schedule appointment, but they ask which do we need the Rapid or PCR
    IDK

any one with info?
    much appreciated

David G

Pcr

Comment

Thank you....

Comment

why do you need one going TO Mexico? You need one FROM Mexico to US, but I'm pretty sure it is not required the other way.

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
          why do you need one going TO Mexico? You need one FROM Mexico to US, but I'm pretty sure it is not required the other way.
          This is my understanding also, and your resort might sign your permission slip to come home without testing you.

Comment

been back and forth to my wife's home town recently and they actually will do the test for you at the airport in Mexico before your flight. 15 min test. Though US Citizens don't need to do that, just foreign nationals.

They still take your temp and stuff though, just like before and I doubt they let you board if you show any symptoms.

Comment

FYI, you might want to check the U.S. State Department's website for Travel Advisories. I was just on their site this morning and, as I recall, Mexico is at either Level 4 ("Do not go") or Level 3 ("Strongly suggest reconsidering your travel plans").

While it's true that the State Department is elevating many, many countries to Level 4 status due to COVID concerns (ridiculous!), many countries have seen an increase in violent crimes such as rape, kidnapping, and murder in addition to the many robberies being perpetrated. As I recall, the Travel Advisory may have even broken things down by state; in other words, a list of states that are considered most dangerous.

Some countries have put limitations on travel for U.S. Government Employees (e.g. as no traveling after dark, can't hail taxis, can't travel between cities/states after dark), and I don't recall whether Mexico is one of them. To me, these limitations suggest a strong anti-U.S. sentiment, such that a U.S. tourist might want to heed them as well.

No way I'd go to Mexico right now.

Comment

We are going memorial weekend to cancun. Barcelo Maya

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                  FYI, you might want to check the U.S. State Department's website for Travel Advisories. I was just on their site this morning and, as I recall, Mexico is at either Level 4 ("Do not go") or Level 3 ("Strongly suggest reconsidering your travel plans").

While it's true that the State Department is elevating many, many countries to Level 4 status due to COVID concerns (ridiculous!), many countries have seen an increase in violent crimes such as rape, kidnapping, and murder in addition to the many robberies being perpetrated. As I recall, the Travel Advisory may have even broken things down by state; in other words, a list of states that are considered most dangerous.

Some countries have put limitations on travel for U.S. Government Employees (e.g. as no traveling after dark, can't hail taxis, can't travel between cities/states after dark), and I don't recall whether Mexico is one of them. To me, these limitations suggest a strong anti-U.S. sentiment, such that a U.S. tourist might want to heed them as well.

A lot of this is over exaggeration. You are correct though, varies by location inside the country. Wouldn't want to spend any time in a border town, but most the country is fine. Go there all the time with the family. No issues. That being said, there are a few places I wouldn't go. I also wouldn't drive there, but no issues flying there.

Comment

My wife crosses 6 days a week to take my MIL to the doctor, it can get spooky but they are from Reynosa so its like visiting friends.Its kinda curious cause they hate me hunting over there but hardly think twice about going themselves. The doc’s office is close to the bridge but its a daily concern for me that it goes smoothly

Comment

What reasons would you not go to Mexico for? I know probably 30+ different individuals that’s haven visited all parts of Mexico the last 30 days without a single problem, so curious what you know that others haven’t expressed

Comment

Well in 3 weeks we head to Cancun.... have heard all the Horror Stories.... the wife went for a week and had no issues in her home state of SLP. so confident all will go well, but for the week long drinking and adventures.. i am sure my Liver will thank me when we get back.....

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Big Toe View Post
                          Well in 3 weeks we head to Cancun.... have heard all the Horror Stories.... the wife went for a week and had no issues in her home state of SLP. so confident all will go well, but for the week long drinking and adventures.. i am sure my Liver will thank me when we get back.....
                          Just got back from Playa. We had a blast. You do not need a test to go to Mexico. You need it to return. Our resort did them for us for free. The only time we had to wear mask were when we were going through lines for food.

People were very friendly and just very happy to see tourism picking back up. Have a great time!

Comment

Of course they dont want you to go to another country and spend money. Theyre not saying that cause of the kung flu, they want you to believe if you go to mexico youre going to get kidnapped and sold into the black market to wrap dope for the cartel

Like Drop dead said, I know guys who have gone in the last few weeks without issue. I'd go today if I had a place

Comment

You dont need a test to go to Mexico, but you need a rapid text to return. Our resort did the test for free. You load the results on your airline app, super simple. FYI, I am sure they dont have positive test results, or they would have to let you stay at their resort for free for 2 weeks.

Comment

Working...
                              X