Miami condo collapse: modeling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miami condo collapse: modeling

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2INrz2u9-sQ"]MIAMI COLLAPSE – 3D animation of the evidence we have so far. - YouTube[/ame]

Why didn't the family's that just got out hit the fire alarm? Unless there wasn't any.

Comment

Pretty good explanation of the event.

Comment

I think it’s still pretty early to know the true sequence and root cause(s) of the collapse. It’s important to note that this model/re-creation was done by an architect, not a structural engineer. Being in the industry and working with architects and structural engineers alike, I’d take it with a grain of salt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
          I think it’s still pretty early to know the true sequence and root cause(s) of the collapse. It’s important to note that this model/re-creation was done by an architect, not a structural engineer. Being in the industry and working with architects and structural engineers alike, I’d take it with a grain of salt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Yes.

It's also possible that a combination of unmentioned factors contributed to the collapse.

I have several contacts who were intimately involved with this building before the collapse, and one that knew many of its residents.

There was allegedly a roof issue as well, possibly a denied insurance claim, and some insufficient inspections on the part of both the insurance company and the building inspection office.

Lots of blame and finger pointing to go around.

Comment

Working...
          X