Anybody/pilots going to OSHKOSH?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody/pilots going to OSHKOSH?

We are taking our 6yo on his first commercial flight and first trip without his 3yo sister up there with some friends for the EAA Airshow. We got lucky and have a 4 bedroom house for the week a mile from the gate.

Decided not to fly us up there in our family plane but may do that adventure next year.

I'm getting off a week long stretch in the ER and looking forward to another break. Work hard play hard!

Holler if anybody is going.

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
    We are taking our 6yo on his first commercial flight and first trip without his 3yo sister up there with some friends for the EAA Airshow. We got lucky and have a 4 bedroom house for the week a mile from the gate.

Decided not to fly us up there in our family plane but may do that adventure next year.

I'm getting off a week long stretch in the ER and looking forward to another break. Work hard play hard!

Holler if anybody is going.
    Enjoy! As a native 'sconnie, one of my favorite things growing up in summer was the airshow. Awesome planes up close!

I realize you are there for the airshow, but Door County is a lot of fun if you have time, and only about a hour away, and there are several dirt track races in that area Friday and Saturday nights. If the Nuc plant was still open, I had a good spot for monster lake trout for ya. But they shut it down a couple years back.

Have fun, post photos if you got time!

Comment

Awesome show, have fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Airshows period ROCK!!!! [emoji574] ENJOY!!!!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Bucket list for me. And good for you. Been in aviation over 40 years and haven’t made it…yet. At risk of being to forward what is family plane

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
            At risk of being to forward what is family plane
            I'm not a pilot, but I think that's only like 1st base - so you're probly ok.

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
              Bucket list for me. And good for you. Been in aviation over 40 years and haven’t made it…yet. At risk of being to forward what is family plane
              We have two planes in our immediate family and I'm lucky I get to fly them and just pay for fuel for one of them. I'm very lucky and blessed to fly regularly for just about nothing.

Comment

I wish!!! That's a bucket list trip. Take/post lots of pics.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

My boss is flying out Monday morning for the show. Him and his wife go every yr. From what I hear sounds like a good time

Comment

Originally posted by bollomb View Post
                    My boss is flying out Monday morning for the show. Him and his wife go every yr. From what I hear sounds like a good time
                    I give a lot of credit to the pilots who actually fly in to Oshkosh, it's the busies airspace in the world for 7 days (or something to that nature) with incredibly precise approach procedures due to the traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
                      I give a lot of credit to the pilots who actually fly in to Oshkosh, it's the busies airspace in the world for 7 days (or something to that nature) with incredibly precise approach procedures due to the traffic.
                      I think he did mention that he flies into the closest town, then drives into Osklosh. Makes sense, I bet plane traffic is thick.

Comment

I've flown in to OSH 3 or 4 times and YES, it is a bit daunting the first time.
                        The procedures are pretty well thought out and the controllers are the best.
                        Still, all those people judging your landing...... hmmmm.
                        Wish my project was done to fly there this year, but next year for sure.
                        Enjoy the show (I'll be streaming on the internet, darn it).

Comment

I always wanted to fly up there but man the traffic scares the hell out of me. I do want to attend one day. We have friends that live fairly close by.

Comment

My buddies flying up in his Money.
                            Left 3F9 in Mineola this AM

When we go to God by prayer, the devil knows we go to fetch strength against him, and therefore he opposeth us all he can.

R. Sibbes

Comment

I’m flying up tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X