DIY New Mexico Gila part 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
    Lightning strikes twice congrats on the tag. Sorry about your loss as well.

Going with the same outfitter again?

Yes I did apply in the guide pool with the same outfit. I have to spend two days with a guide this trip. I will end up meeting him at like noon the first day tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry for your loss congrats on the tag. They will be with you on your hunt

Comment

Good luck! You make it out to set any cameras yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Hockley View Post
          Good luck! You make it out to set any cameras yet?

I’m gonna head out there in august

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
            I’m gonna head out there in august

Got ya. You doing anything different like hauling in water reserves and trying to camp further back in, or you going to come in and out every day? I've thought a lot about, and I think if I were going to make an August trip in there I'd be trying to cache some water down in the bottom, and try to hunt deeper in a few days to start while checking cameras.

Hopefully they had some decent rain for you this year!

Comment

Dagum, JT. I totally missed our 2017 elk thread, but I read it al nowl. Great write up, like a professional writer...and great elk, but...it was your determination and stamina that impressed me. Belated congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockley View Post
                Got ya. You doing anything different like hauling in water reserves and trying to camp further back in, or you going to come in and out every day? I've thought a lot about, and I think if I were going to make an August trip in there I'd be trying to cache some water down in the bottom, and try to hunt deeper in a few days to start while checking cameras.

Hopefully they had some decent rain for you this year!

I am going to bring both a “truck” camp as well as a spike camp. I will be honest. Unless I’m on elk from day one back where I killed my bull I would almost rather keep packs under #20 and just hike the extra miles. That said if the elk are all in there 4+ miles we will be spiking in.

My hunt may be a little different this year. I won’t be going solo. Gonna have some friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                  Dagum, JT. I totally missed our 2017 elk thread, but I read it al nowl. Great write up, like a professional writer...and great elk, but...it was your determination and stamina that impressed me. Belated congratulations!

Thank you sir

Comment

Working...
                  X