Implant surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
    If the crowns are only $1000 each, you aren't getting anything made in the U.S.
    Ok. That can’t be good. I’m getting Grade A implants, Strawman or something like that. The grand was just a figure a buddy threw out. Since you mentioned it it must not be good. Are you gonna hit and run or drop a realistic price for us?

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
      They last ~10 years. My soon to be ex wife's lasted 12 years. They started to leak right before we split up. I got full use out of them. She talks to surgeon next week about next steps.

The good guy in me feels like offering to cover 1/2 the removal since I probably contributed to them busting a seam. But only removal. I'll only pay half if she goes back to flat chested a cups how I found her. If she decides to replace she's on her own!

So my advice is enjoy while you can and know they have a shelf life!
      Focus people focus! Off the boobs and back on dental implants. And yes, the boobs are much more interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
        Ok. That can’t be good. I’m getting Grade A implants, Strawman or something like that. The grand was just a figure a buddy threw out. Since you mentioned it it must not be good. Are you gonna hit and run or drop a realistic price for us?
        Straumann implants are pretty much all I use. The cost of the crown depends on how your guy is going to restore the implants. There are several options. Depending on where they are placed he may use stock abutments which are premade. He would then cement the crown on top of that abutment. Most all of mine are screw retained implant crowns. The crown is built on a custom abutment and the entire thing screws into the implant. No cement on that one and it can be removed or tightened down the road very easily. Screw retained crowns generally cost more because of the custom titanium/zirconia abutments. Average cost for screw retained crown in my area is probably 1,500-2k. Cemented crown on stock abutment should be less. Corporate offices probably have a way to reduce lab costs that us solo guys don’t have. I don’t think 1k was that far off for some places. I seriously doubt anyone that would place a Straumann implant would restore it with Chinese junk. Good luck.

Comment

Fingers crossed speck!

Comment

Somehow I just knew this was gonna go south very quickly! For the record: dental implants! Not penal!
            Who is doing it?

I have two after slapping my face against the tail of a C-130. I didn’t take maintenance after the first implant surgery seriously but its like a religion now after the second and third !

I have info to share that most private sector oral surgeons just don’t dwell on because they keep business going.

Realize first that the stud goes into the bone so bacteria can travel down the stud. Brush a little after each meal and use a proxy brush to keep debris away from it.

Don’t eat after your last thorough cleaning of the night…DON’T !

Become friends with gold Listerine, the name brand not knock-off. Use it twice per day and AFTER ORAL SEX !

If they are taking any tissue from the roof of your mouth to fix any tissue around the stud site, I’ll Pray for ya, I had it done three times and its a treat indeed.

Liquid diet longer than they say will help keep things healing and clean. You can reduce everything to liquid, I’ve done it. And, you can eat many calories of liquid food per day and still lose weight.

For the rest of you youngins reading this, the two most important things you can do in your life are accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and Keep your real teeth !

The good news for future generations is they can regrow teeth right now by seeding them and maybe they can get the bugs worked out. My doctors on Lackland AFB tell me right now they’ve yet to get one growing in the right spot. Many end up in the sinus cavities or other non target spots.
            Last edited by Johnny44; 07-18-2021, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
              Who is doing it?

I have two after slapping my face against the tail of a C-130. I didn’t take maintenance after the first implant surgery seriously but its like a religion now after the second and third !

I have info to share that most private sector oral surgeons just don’t dwell on because they keep business going.

Realize first that the stud goes into the bone so bacteria can travel down the stud. Brush a little after each meal and use a proxy brush to keep debris away from it.

Become friends with gold Listerine, the name brand not knock-off. Use it twice per day and AFTER ORAL SEX !

If they are taking any tissue from the roof of your mouth to fix any tissue around the stud site, I’ll Pray for ya, I had it done three times and its a treat indeed.

Liquid diet longer than they say will help keep things healing and clean. You can reduce everything to liquid, I’ve done it. And, you can eat many calories of liquid food per day and still lose weight.

For the rest of you youngins reading this, the two most important things you can do in your life are accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and Keep your real teeth !

The good news for future generations is they can regrow teeth right now by seeding them and maybe they can get the bugs worked out. My doctors on Lackland AFB tell me right now they’ve yet to get one growing in the right spot. Many end up in the sinus cavities or other non target spots.
              ((laughing)) Wait…what?? Why?

I mean I’ve heard of having to floss your teeth, you know, for thebig little swimmers, but…

Comment

Bacteria of any type, while the body usually fights it fine, can still possibly make it down the titanium studs into the bone. Can cause infections or slowly degrade the area ruining the thousands of dollars of work.

Comment

Had my first at 25… now 32 and finishing the rest. As with any jaw surgery… and I have had several, bone can hurt and swell. Use ice packs, ibuprofen and low activity for the first 3 days after. Good luck. In the grand scheme of things it is a minor surgery.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                    ((laughing)) Wait…what?? Why?

I mean I’ve heard of having to floss your teeth, you know, for thebig little swimmers, but…
                    How did we get to this point? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
                      Who is doing it?

I’m using a doctor my dentist recommended here in Katy. And thanks for all the sound advice! I’ve been told that I have good bone and should be no problem. My mom and dad both died with most of their original teeth. But they had the same problem I’m experiencing now. Three of my teeth have broken in as many years and have not been salvageable. It’s been an expensive ride to say the least.

Comment

How did we get to this point? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
                        I’m not going to expand on the subject because it’s serious enough not to deserve censorship or another strike by the admin. I just tell it like it is and God made me without a tact bone.

The point is the stud is a gateway right into your body, keep things clean, and nothing works like original listerine.

Keep it clean.

Comment

Oh, and one more thing…

If you eat oysters, either stop or bite into them slowly. In the rock, paper, scissors, buckshot game, pearls beat dental work every time. I shattered a few porcelain fixtures before getting smart.

I care about functionality above appearance and tried like crazy for the clinic on base to just set titanium teeth on top of the studs. I might have to gnaw my way out of a downed aircraft.
                          Last edited by Johnny44; 07-19-2021, 08:52 AM.

Comment

For sure. All this combined will take a huge chunk outta my elk hunt fund for sure. And you know the listerine is working when it burns like hail! Nothing could survive that fire! Lol ��

Comment

Yes Sir, but healthy use of it changed my life. The other styles and types do not compare.

Comment

Wednesday is coming fast!

Comment

Working...
                                X