Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vortex scope question

Just picked up a bergara b-14 HMR 308.
    Looking at the vortex scopes online. Should I go with the new Vortex Venom 5-25x56 34mm or the diamondback tactical ffp 6x24x50 30mm. I know most will say to spend more money but $500 is my budget on this one.

Originally posted by Marsh Bandit View Post

Looking at the vortex scopes online. Should I go with the new Vortex Venom 5-25x56 34mm or the diamondback tactical ffp 6x24x50 30mm. I know most will say to spend more money but $500 is my budget on this one.
    Venom.

The tube size will allow you to get more distance.

Just hashed this out with my gunsmith about my HMR in 300prc. 30mm tube will get me 1000 to 1200, but further will need the extra.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Venom or Strike Eagle, would have to look at spec for elevation for that price. Couple hundred more and you could step up to the Gen 2 PST

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you’re spending that level of money have you looked into Arken? Same specs are the venom at the same price point but MUCH better FoV and Glass quality

Comment

Originally posted by texasforever View Post
          If you’re spending that level of money have you looked into Arken? Same specs are the venom at the same price point but MUCH better FoV and Glass quality

This....
          The Vortex Venom and Diamondback aren't even in the same league as the Arken SH4. Same money.

Comment

My nephew might disagree on the Arken. He is on the 3rd one since the first two had issues with reticles stopped illuminating. He was sorely disappointed after waiting several months to get the first one and then having to go thru the long backorder wait all over again and again. I've seen the scope and looked thru it and to me it's just not there anymore than my Strike Eagle is. When it comes to optics 99.999% of the time you get what you pay for. Question is, is it good enough to fit your needs. Would I buy one? Probably but only if it was in stock and shipped the next day. No way would I wait 4 months on a scope they told me would ship in 2 to 3 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
              My nephew might disagree on the Arken. He is on the 3rd one since the first two had issues with reticles stopped illuminating. He was sorely disappointed after waiting several months to get the first one and then having to go thru the long backorder wait all over again and again. I've seen the scope and looked thru it and to me it's just not there anymore than my Strike Eagle is. When it comes to optics 99.999% of the time you get what you pay for. Question is, is it good enough to fit your needs. Would I buy one? Probably but only if it was in stock and shipped the next day. No way would I wait 4 months on a scope they told me would ship in 2 to 3 weeks.

They’ve gotten a lot better since their initial launch. That being said the glass in strike eagle line is much better than the diamond back or the venom. Just for an apples to apples comparison the Arken is much better than those two. I personally prefer it more than my Viper HS LR, not sure if I got a ****ty viper or a really good Arken!

Comment

I would look at Athalon. Call the guys at APR rifles they have great prices on them.

Comment

ping Arroywsmith. he will get you a great price on any vortex

Comment

Any of the above are luck of the draw on reliability. You don’t get a quality feature packed scope for that money. It just doesn’t happen.

Comment

I'm a 30mm tube buyer from here on. So nice

Comment

If you could find a Sig Whiskey 5 somewhere it would be way above the Vortex, Arken etc. Right up there with Leupold scopes that cost twice as much. Eye relief is not equal to Leupold but then nothing else is either.

Comment

Originally posted by Marsh Bandit View Post
                          Nothing wrong with having a budget. There are plenty of options out there. I definitely don't care for either of those lines from Vortex. Besides that, what is your intended use for the rifle? Hunting? target? and at what distance?

Comment

For that budget, I'd look at the Venom and also consider the Arken if you're looking at tactical long range style scopes. Great scopes for the money. Sure there's higher end stuff, but if that is your budget, both will serve you well.

Comment

Leupold and call it a day!

Comment

Working...
                              X