Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Child support = depression

Originally posted by M16 View Post
    Your story reminds me of a young pup telling a story around the campfire. He kept going on and on with every little detail. When I heard an old timer say. Land the **** plane son!

Perfect. I’m stealing this.
    Guy at work needs to hear it. Even a yes or no answer takes 10 minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Your story reminds me of a young pup telling a story around the campfire. He kept going on and on with every little detail. When I heard an old timer say. Land the **** plane son!
      I'm going to use this on my wife's story telling and will probably end up bumping this thread in six months with my own child support story.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
        Perfect. I’m stealing this.
        Guy at work needs to hear it. Even a yes or no answer takes 10 minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        And every female on this planet...

Comment

Wow - hard to read some of these posts - it is support for YOUR kids. Hard to believe that so many have this opinion. I paid more than Max - but also knew that it was being spent on my kids so in the end I was OK with it.

The fight to save a hundred or so a month is not worth the cost, expense and emotional toll. As they say - the juice isn't worth the squeeze - if you owe it per the statute, then pay it and move on.....and yes I realize that there are a lot of factors and calculations that are considered - but one thing I reminded myself is that your kids knowledge that you were arguing with their Mom over pennies isn't worth it - I wanted my kids to know that i was more than fair with respect to financial matters post-divorce. Wear the white hat.

Comment

Stealing this one.

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post
              Wow - hard to read some of these posts - it is support for YOUR kids. Hard to believe that so many have this opinion. I paid more than Max - but also knew that it was being spent on my kids so in the end I was OK with it.

The fight to save a hundred or so a month is not worth the cost, expense and emotional toll. As they say - the juice isn't worth the squeeze - if you owe it per the statute, then pay it and move on.....and yes I realize that there are a lot of factors and calculations that are considered - but one thing I reminded myself is that your kids knowledge that you were arguing with their Mom over pennies isn't worth it - I wanted my kids to know that i was more than fair with respect to financial matters post-divorce. Wear the white hat.

That’s a very easy opinion to have when you know the money is actually going to your kids. It’s like you didn’t pay attention to any of the details in most of these stories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post

X2

Comment

This thread makes me thankful for my wife. She is great and makes an excellent living herself!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    That’s a very easy opinion to have when you know the money is actually going to your kids. It’s like you didn’t pay attention to any of the details in most of these stories.

Dale, everything is pretty much standard, but get the best lawyer to keep the ex from screwing you, which they will, if you let them.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                      Dale, everything is pretty much standard, but get the best lawyer to keep the ex from screwing you, which they will, if you let them.

Just to clarify… I do not have an ex, and do not plan to. Lol I’ve just been reading these stories, and I’ve heard them from others for years.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                        I know this is an old post but OP I hope all is well. I know of too many guys in that situation.

As a married guy with kids my advice to all young men is don't get married. It goes south 50% of the time, and almost 100% of that time the guy is getting the shaft. If kids are involved you're really about to be taken to the cleaners.

As far as the deadbeat dad comments; I have an in-law with three kids by three different guys. They are all between 10 and 14 and not one cent of child support has ever been paid. The common denominator, this in-law only dates absolute morons. If some dude has a job, no felony record, and wakes up before noon you better swipe left on her because you have no shot. Although, she's nearing 30 so I look for her to find a regular guy who can pay the bills soon.
                        I’d call you a cynic but your observations are right on target these days. Almost makes me ashamed of my gender.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          Just to clarify… I do not have an ex, and do not plan to. Lol I’ve just been reading these stories, and I’ve heard them from others for years.

Lol. I didn't mean that you had an ex but when rereading my post, I can see how you thought that. Sorry.

Comment

As far as I can tell, I think I'm the first woman to reply to this thread. (edit - ThisLadyHunts replied while I was typing this.)

If the biggest problem with our society is fatherless homes, would it be too much of a stretch to say it is time to stop giving custody to mothers? Why it seems to be the default to give mothers custody is beyond me. Pre 1980's, it was common for the fathers to get custody.

The end of a marriage isn't always initiated by the father. I'd venture a guess that half or more are initiated by the mother. I think whoever wants out should not be given custody unless the end of the marriage is due to abuse of any kind (physical, sexual, emotional, alcohol, drugs, etc.)

My one recommendation to anyone going through divorce is to add to the decree that the children can decide who to live with after the age of 12. My husband did that and his son moved in when he was 13 and his daughter moved in with us when she was 15. And mother wasn't a bad person. They were just tired of the flakiness.

I feel bad for fathers because they seem to get the raw end of every thing in society. My personal opinion - men are the bedrock of our society and we need to treat them like that. Maybe I have an old soul, but I still believe that.

That's all I have to say about that.
                            Last edited by Dusty Britches; 06-23-2021, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post

I feel bad for fathers because they seem to get the raw end of every thing in society. My personal opinion - men are the bedrock of our society and we need to treat them like that. Maybe I have an old soul, but I still believe that.

That's all I have to say about that.
                              Well you and those like you are in the minority now days. But God Bless the ones that are still left.

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY CHIEF View Post
                                Yessir bro. It’s going ok. My girls chose to stay with me! Divorce is a good thing in my case!!!!
                                Good deal man and having the kiddos sure do make things easier. If you ever need anything just let me know went through the same thing not to long ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X