Official Arrowhead ID Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jack View Post
    Found these bird points today in my neighborhood. Can anyone tell me anything about them?? Found in Travis county.
    Perdiz, scallorn, Edward's. True archery points 500 to 1500 years old

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
      Neat display and fun to look at but unfortunately most of that is modern fantasy. I would love to see just the items found.
      I was wondering how you might approach that.

Comment

I will get some pics of my personal finds

Comment

Uh oh, the gauntlet has been thrown.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
            Uh oh, the gauntlet has been thrown.
            No it hasn't. Modern lithic art is cool. I own quite a bit of it. It just shouldnt be confused with ancient artifacts.

Comment

Originally posted by Zmaxhunter View Post
              I will get some pics of my personal finds
              Great. Some of the items in your dads frame may be local finds as well. If he wouldnt mind ,post pics of those too.

Comment

Found this a few weekend back. A small broke point next to it for size reference. I'm assuming this is a hand axe, approx 8-9inches in length.

Found in Uvalde county
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxbowman View Post
                  Found this a few weekend back. A small broke point next to it for size reference. I'm assuming this is a hand axe, approx 8-9inches in length.

Found in Uvalde county
                  Kerrville knife

Comment

Found these bird points today in my neighborhood. Can anyone tell me anything about them?? Found in Travis county.
                    Cool looking small points.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20210516_122359(1).jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	387.7 KB
ID:	24654104

Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20210516_122405.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	411.5 KB
ID:	24654105

Found this one in Mason County (southern part). No clue on the kind but it's the first one I've found on my lease. Any input would be appreciated.

Comment

Probably a worn out marshall. At any rate it midd look e archaic so call it 4000 years old.

Comment

Found these today in same area. The top right is the smallest I’ve ever seen. Names?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Found these today in same area. The top right is the smallest I’ve ever seen. Names?
                            You are on it! The bottom left item looks like part of something much older.

Comment

Today’s find. Do you know the name of the small one? It’s as big as my pinky nail.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Today’s find. Do you know the name of the small one? It’s as big as my pinky nail.
                                Man the variety is picking up. Top left is a worn out Andice. Highly collectable in good shape. The tiny point looks like a scallorn. The point far right may be a worked down paleo. Those points range over about 10,000 years.

Have you tried the broken tip bottom right to see if it fits the paleo looking point?
                                Last edited by GarGuy; 06-22-2021, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X