Previous lifetime license increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Previous lifetime license increase

Does anyone remember when the lifetime combo went from 1k to $1800?

I think it was around 2008. Random afternoon thought about how much longer before I'm hunting and fishing for free. I can't remember when I bought mine, though.

Don't remember when, but kicking myself for not getting lifetime fishing when I got my lifetime hunting. And I thought $300 was way too much for a lifetime hunting license.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Texas Super-Combo License
      $1000 / $68 = 14.706 Years
      $1800 / $68 = 26.471 Years

Comment

It was 2009. I paid $500 for mine.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
          What year was that increase...500 to 1000? I remember thinking I should jump on this, but I also remember wanting to be able to eat. Had to be high school or college.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
            Well hell. I'm further away than I thought

Comment

I remember when Oklahoma Lifetime were $300. Course you'd have to go to Oklahoma to use it

Comment

I'm buying 18 year old son a super this year. My dad always said he should have got me one at 500. I won't have to say that

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
                  Texas Super-Combo License
                  $1000 / $68 = 14.706 Years
                  $1800 / $68 = 26.471 Years
                  Assuming zero return on your money.

$1,000 at 6.8% = $68 so you keep your 1k
                  $1,800 at 4% = $72 so you pay $68 and keep your 1k and have $4 left over.

Just saying.

But I bought the lifetime also before it jumped up to $1,800

Comment

Originally posted by CBHunter View Post
                    What year was that increase...500 to 1000? I remember thinking I should jump on this, but I also remember wanting to be able to eat. Had to be high school or college.
                    Probably early 80’s. I remember it taking my entire net worth to buy it.

Comment

I did a spread sheet to determine annual cost vs lifetime before I bought mine. I found that TP&W was raising prices ever 5 years at the time. And by a certain percentage. I also determined my recovery cost before my Lifetime a was actually a free license based on the increases. The above post about 25 years is correct for current prices. So, if you think you might live past the next 25 years, it would be a good investment now.

On a side note: TP&W has not raised it's prices in a while now. Or at least I don't think so. Cause I really don't know since I haven't paid for one in many many years.

Comment

I bought one for my son when he was 16 I think. He’s 25 now. Anyway, that’s when it went from $1000 to $1800.
                        I wished I had bought mine when they were only $300!!! But back then, a hunting license only cost $6 bucks.

Comment

One of my favorite gifts to give to a deserving person. Yet, I timed myself out and never purchased my own. Funny how life plays out. Lol

Comment

I bought my son his Lifetime combo about 21 year ago. He thanks me every year at the end of August.

Comment

Working...
                            X