Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSA - Please don't kill snakes unless you know they are deadly!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSA - Please don't kill snakes unless you know they are deadly!

Yet another innocent victim. Neighbor killed a sizable Texas Rough Green Snake. It was the longest one that I've seen by far. This is not long after killing a hognose that flattened out like a "cobra". Yeah, I get taking out a rattlesnake, copperhead, coral, or water moccasin if they are around your family or pets.

Here's a suggestion. Instead of trying to learn what all snakes are, learn what the poisonous ones are in your area. There are a whole lot less of them and makes your job easier. There are literally 4. (various rattlesnake species but the rattle is a giveaway)

"Nope, not one of the deadly ones. Leave it be".

can't make that promise When I'm startled by one and enter into my hissy fit, I black out and enter "kill" mode while screaming like a girl. Only way out is for it to die, then my balls come back and I start acting like a man again.

Comment

That’s about like telling a fat kid not to eat the cookies you left in his room overnight. I ate the cookies and I’ll smoke the snakes within a mile of the house. You do you n I’ll do me . My wife will shoot me if I don’t so I’m not taking the chance,

Comment

Have you seen the replies from the men on this site on snake threads?? Urinating and releasing their bowels all over themselves, screaming like girls, lighting stuff on fire etc at just the very site of a snake. Good luck getting that message across.

Comment

The part of my property that I consider 'yard' that I keep mowed is off limits to snakes. I've left them well over 100 acres of natural habitat that they can romp and roam all over to their hearts content. In my yard, they are considered trespassers and are dealt with accordingly. Same goes for wild hogs. If I can lay eyes on them they are not safe.
          I'm not afraid of snakes but this is my place and my rules.

Comment

Exactly, just a little education and it's so easy to know the venomous ones.

Comment

Your suggestion about learning to identify which snakes in your area are venomous rather than trying to learn them all is a good one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Best to just kill every one you see, just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
                  Your suggestion about learning to identify which snakes in your area are venomous rather than trying to learn them all is a good one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  No it was identifying the poisonous ones. The ones not to eat.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                    Have you seen the replies from the men on this site on snake threads?? Urinating and releasing their bowels all over themselves, screaming like girls, lighting stuff on fire etc at just the very site of a snake. Good luck getting that message across.
                    This ^^^

Comment

Them snakes shouldn't show their head if they wanna keep it

Comment

Im one that is terrified of snakes. Wife kills them because they eat her lizards and eat chicken eggs. Cats kill the little ones she gets the big ones. I run from them all - they are all ratlle-mosican-coralhead snakes to me

Comment

Tell him if he kills a good snake a bad snake could take its place.

Comment

Relocated a ratsnake today after my wife saw it for the second time in the yard. She wanted me kill it but I only kill rattlesnakes here at the ranch.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                              That's what 150class did when that dude forced his way into his apartment.

This^^^!

Snakes are snakes, man. Normal people kill them on sight, weirdos love and nurture them.

It literally is black&white, yes or no, in or out. Snake lovers aren't ever going to change minds.

Comment

Working...
                              X