No announcement yet.

Who'll be first? E-F150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a Jeep for a commuter, sure, it doesn’t get good gas mileage but it keeps miles off my truck and is a hell of a lot more fun than a Prius.

Comment

Who really knows how this will play out. But I am sure people thinking outside the box. Maybe instead of gas stations there will be battery stations. Swap out batteries. They recharge and next car gets those. An easy way to swap batteries would need to be developed.

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
        Looks like a cool truck but to me there are a few big unanswered questions..

I’m with E.Tx.Bowhunter. What are they going to do in California when everyone gets home and plugs in their electric vehicles? They already have blackouts when people get home and turn on their AC..

Realistically how much is this going to increase you electric bill every month??

How much are new batteries and how do you go about disposing the old worn out ones ?
        Your last part is the big question here. Price batteries for that thing. They are not cheap. Then what do you do with the ‘dead’ batteries. You thing the land fills are poisonous now. Check out the havoc disposed lithium produces. Next is, are they going to develop a different battery? Right now, our supply is very dependent on China. Just what we need, to be dependent on China for something else.

Comment

I'll be the very last

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
            The place to look when you want to see where a car a person like myself can afford in 10 years is to look at what companies like McLaren, Porsche, Ferarri, etc... are building today. The tech they build today takes about 10-15 years to get into vehicles for the masses. In another couple years, we will start seeing this set up in Mercedes, and BMW. Then it's just a matter of time until everyone has it. I recall in 2002 a Mercedes with a back up camera. I don't remember if it was a concept or a real car. I thought that was crazy. 2016 I think backup cameras became required by law, and every car had them.

So what engine/motor tech are these companies cars running today? A gas engine attached to an electric generator/motor, and they are capable of running on electric only, or a combination of both. Think of locomotives. They use a giant diesel generator to power electric motors. That is what will come to trucks before long. And that is what I am waiting for.

100% electric is not the answer until battery tech improves massively. And we are 50 years out from any big improvements on battery technology.
            I'm waiting on the same thing - electric truck with generator to power the motor or provide a charge to get longer ranges. If they had that I would consider one now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
              Yeah lets dump a few million pounds of lithium and other heavy metals into ground every year, sounds like an environmental win!!
              Yup

Comment

If electric power is so going to be so good, why do golf courses prefer gas powered carts on hilly courses?

Comment

As much as I dislike Ford products, this truck looks pretty good....for someone that doesnt drive much it might be a good option....at least it looks like a truck and not that Tesla truck thing......
                  Ford will make a gold mine on this

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                    15% to 85% is 41 minutes. Ford also throws in the fast charger so you can install it in your house.

And this is where lithium batteries like to live. 10-90%. I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                      The 2022 Raptor will get about a 200 horsepower boost and be at least as quick. This is from Motortrend: "The new Raptor will have the Mustang Shelby GT500's Predator 5.2-liter supercharged V-8. In the Mustang, it's rated for 760 hp and 625 lb-ft"

Electric will be quicker. Notice I didn’t say faster. That’s why bone stock Teslas slaughter even super exotic cars in the 1/4 mile.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                        I'm guessing that, given the low price point for the base model, they were targeting businesses that like to portray themselves as "green" with this truck. It's only practical for traveling short distances with light loads.
                        Groceries?

Comment

Who'll be first? E-F150

Originally posted by SaintBlaise View Post
                          If electric power is so going to be so good, why do golf courses prefer gas powered carts on hilly courses?

It’s not because they are faster or more powerful. My electric golf cart will drag a gas powered cart all over the place. The torque is insane.

Speaking as an electric cart owner lead acid batteries suck and are a pain to
                          maintain. Im betting that is a factor. I would expect with carts moving to lithium you will start seeing more electric ones on the courses.

I just did a total rebuild of mine and converted to lithium. I’ve not put a lot of miles on it but it’s noticeable more responsive and the range should be more than doubled over the lead acid batteries.

Last edited by Mike D; 05-20-2021, 08:08 PM.

Comment

I have absolutely no interest in an electric truck

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                              Yeah lets dump a few million pounds of lithium and other heavy metals into ground every year, sounds like an environmental win!!
                              Their are hundreds of future millionaire millenial turds running around right now saying ..lets develop a business to take care of this up and coming problem. One might even cut your pickup truck off on the highway in his new Lamborghini one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                                Their are hundreds of future millionaire millenial turds running around right now saying ..lets develop a business to take care of this up and coming problem. One might even cut your pickup truck off on the highway in his new Lamborghini one day.

If I am not mistaken, one of the old Tesla engineers has started a business to recycle the old batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X