• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put some marshmallows in trap you will get him

God Bless
    Bish

Comment

Originally posted by JayBay3405 View Post
      I would open the hole back up for him to escape and use this, he will leave. I had the exact same thing happen and this worked.

Same thing happened when I was in high school but with a possum. Middle of class, teacher was teaching, and a fat possum fell out of the ceiling. It was awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
        ManI wish there was a video of this...
        It got ugly but I got him out the back door. Got him later with golden nuggets:-)

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
          Kits will follow her out of the hole.
          Assuming nthey are walking age... I got video of a cousin pulling one out of an electric socket with a pair of tongs and thier eyes arnt even open

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
            It got ugly but I got him out the back door. Got him later with golden nuggets:-)
            Again... I just would have loved to be a fly on the wall lol

Comment

Originally posted by Deerguy View Post
              Haven't you ever hear Jerry Clower? Send a dog in there.
              Did this in college. Buddy got a free beagle that was a PITA. Some girls we were friends with had a coon in the attic. They weren’t that bothered by it until it got into the HVAC ducting and they saw it staring at them through one of the returns.

We figured the beagle would be light enough to not tear the drywall down. My job was to stand by where they thought it came in with a .410. It was fairly anti-climactic, heard some running around and fast was it. As I said, it was a sorry beagle.

Comment

Set traps inside the attic and outside.

This one refused to go inside a trap in the attic but the dukes trap outside got her.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Maddox; 05-15-2021, 09:43 PM.

Comment

This thread is only funny because it's not at my house. Trap has to be the best idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                    Kits will follow her out of the hole.
                    If you use the mini marshmallows for the babies they will come running

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mooch View Post
                      If it were me and I was going to set a duke trap in the attic, I would find a way to set two traps but secure them opposite of each other. For example, if you laid a piece of plywood down as previously mentioned I would secure one trap to the left side of the plywood and the other to the right side. Make sure the traps themselves are maybe about a foot apart from each other though. Seems as if any time I set traps too close to each other around our feeders I’ll end up with one coon with a hand in each trap and he can’t really move. It may help reduce damage in your attic if he has both front paws trapped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Dukes are great but how about a Live Trap..TSC has them..Havahart ACE shows them too
                      Last edited by cva34; 05-16-2021, 05:40 AM.

Comment

Just remember, those MFer’s are mean as hell when they’re ******. As a kid, I let one out of a live trap chase I didn’t have the heart to shoot it. That little ******* chased me back to the house growling and snarling the the whole time!

Comment

If you catch/kill it and there`s babies it`s going to make a big stink in about a week . If you put some bright lights and a radio tuned to a talk show in the attic , it will leave on its own in a day or two , but the best part is if there`s babies she will move them herself to a quieter place outdoors . Even if you have to sleep with earplugs a couple of nights it`s better than something dead in your attic

Comment

Just checking in to see if the OP has caught it yet.

Comment

I had one that got between the floors in a two story house. I found that they don't like household ammonia. I could hear him scratching on the ceiling when he moved. Got a large syringe and needle from the feed store. When I heard him scratch I would drill a small hole in the drywall and squeeze in a few loads of ammonia. I kept tracking him and gassing him to move him to his entrance point. Once I had him out I blocked the entrance.

Comment

Originally posted by texas grown View Post
                                just checking in to see if the op has caught it yet.
                                x2 ??

Comment

Working...
                                X