Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BakFlip truck bed covers - rolling vs hard folding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Colton View Post
    Are the hard, folding covers dust/water proof?
    Pretty much if you get a tailgate seal. My BackFlip hold water out really well.

Comment

I prefer the Retrax Pro aluminum sliding cover.
      Last edited by WTN; 05-11-2021, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bullhead44 View Post
        look at diamondback covers. I got one a couple of years ago and like it a lot. cost a little more, but is much more secure and heavy duty.
        This. Main con is that you cannot access the full bed like you can with bakflip, but the one I had was absolute junk. Buddy has a newer one that seems ok. I love the diamondback- i strap coolers on top and walk my 200lb butt across it to get beer and it doesn't flinch.

Comment

I have the MX4 on my truck and really like it. I’ve never had a rolling one, so can’t comment on them.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My wife uses my F250 more than me now so I put a bakflip on it. Works great.

Comment

RealTruck carries a wide array of Retrax products for your truck with free shipping in the lower 48 United States. Get the right part for your truck easily with help from our simple-to-use site and team of product experts.

This is the only way to go. Easy to open. Locks at whatever depth you want covered or not.
              heavy duty.
              I hate the flip ones.

Comment

Got the ram branded tonneau on mine. Bought it on craigslist as a dealer takeoff for $100. It's ok. Keeps maybe 90% of the water out, but keeps stuff fairly secure. On my last truck, I bought a new solid fold 1.0....and I hear the 2.0 is even better. Minimal leaks, but security is what I was after and it's MUCH more secure than the one I have now. I've had 800 pounds on it and it didn't even flex. If I had a thousand to throw around, I'd get one, but I really don't at this time.

Comment

I had three of the folding bakflips fall apart within a year, all warrantied out by them. After the third time of it falling apart I had them send me a rolling one. Personally I like the rolling one a lot better. When you roll it up it doesn't block your entire view. Plus the vinyl finish will hold up a lot better than the fold-ups finish. Next time driving take a look at people's that are on their truck, the older ones fade out.

Now none of the them are water tight, almost all leak at the front corners and the back corners.

Comment

I’ve had both and I really like the roll up best

Comment

I've had RollNLock covers on two trucks and really like them. If I do a do-over it'll be to get the hard top RollNLock.

Comment

With regards to the actual BakFlip brand, I have to go against most replies and say that not only do I not like it, I’ll never buy another.

It’s been on the truck for over 5 years now, seals lasted maybe 2 and I don’t even thinks it was that long. Yes, I know they have a good warranty but I work 60+ hours a week every week. The last thing I feel like doing with limited time I have off, be it over a weekend or during the week, is spend the time to change out something I spent several hundred dollars for and didn’t last.

Depending on what my next truck is, I’ll either get a Diamondback or a Retrax.

Comment

Working...
                        X