Springs in DFW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Springs in DFW

Does anyone know where to go in DFW to find a good selection of misc springs? I need a shorter or stronger spring like this one. It’s setup on my powder dispenser for my reloading press and it isn’t pulling the drum back down like it should.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I would clean the powder drop tube in the powder die and then call hornady for some replacement springs. I have had good experiences with their CS over the years keeping a pair of LNL presses running. I've loaded over 20k rounds on one of mine and never had any issues with that spring, I would bet you have something hanging up rather than a spring issue.

Comment

Westlake Ace Hardware has a bunch of different springs available. Or order online from McMaster Carr.

Comment

That looks like a drum brake return spring.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrail18 View Post
          I would clean the powder drop tube in the powder die and then call hornady for some replacement springs. I have had good experiences with their CS over the years keeping a pair of LNL presses running. I've loaded over 20k rounds on one of mine and never had any issues with that spring, I would bet you have something hanging up rather than a spring issue.

That maybe so. The powder die and actuator is brand new. Just got it off amazon.

My measure drum has always seemed to be a bit stiff so that may be it.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
            That looks like a drum brake return spring.

Gary

Not sure it’s quite that stout Gary but it may be.

Comment

Ace hardware has drawers and drawers of them back with the bulk fasteners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I 2nd Ace hardware. They always have the small unique items that I don't think I would find anywhere else.

Comment

If ace doesn't have it then Elliot's Hardware will.

Comment

I’ll check Gibson’s this afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

CDC surplus in Richardson

Comment

We've got a decent spring selection at the store if you can't find what you need @ Gibson's

Comment

Working...
                        X