X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would take 16th overall in the average at SA Rodeo everday

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
      Text a friend who is a former Rookie of the year and NFR qualifier and asked her if 16th is good in the open average and she said absolutely . “The best of the best in the world were there” ... makes me even more proud
      That is great. Glad she is running well

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
        I would take 16th overall in the average at SA Rodeo everday
        It wasn’t the rodeo itself but the Open/youth 2 day rodeo barrel race. I believe Riley’s 2nd run would have qualified her to Run in the PRCA’s wildcard round if she was a PRCA member

Comment

Not bad for first weekend of nominations. Should have been nominating Riley a lot sooner. What a great deal Bobby and Kate Mote started for the youth. How many kids get a chance to run at $50 and $100k and just compete against kids 13-18? Not to dang often. We’re planning on being in Guthrie for the Divisional Semi Finals. Top 24 get to go

Click image for larger version

Name:	1EC1248D-D8BC-4E8B-A87E-820207980F56.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	24608544

Comment

I might have dozed off while watching Riley ride and exercise her horses but to say I spooked Gator by snoring can’t be proven.

Name:	D9A0CC97-490B-4A3A-AB8E-465F1B04242B.jpeg
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	24608814

Comment

Well Abbey and Buddy has an awesome weekend at the CTYRA in Hamilton. They ran their fastest time ever today in the poles and ran a 22 second run. She ended up getting a check today in the poles. They ran a solid 19 second barrel pattern as well. She made a couple of mistakes but these were the fastest runs since breaking her arm on Buddy back in March. I think they are both ready to go now. Was a long road but seems we are getting back to where we were before the arm.

Hunter had a good weekend as well and finished one spot out of the money in poles on Friday night. The big thing got him he got good point totals each night to move up in his age group.

Onto the finals which will be the end of March in Belton.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                Well Abbey and Buddy has an awesome weekend at the CTYRA in Hamilton. They ran their fastest time ever today in the poles and ran a 22 second run. She ended up getting a check today in the poles. They ran a solid 19 second barrel pattern as well. She made a couple of mistakes but these were the fastest runs since breaking her arm on Buddy back in March. I think they are both ready to go now. Was a long road but seems we are getting back to where we were before the arm.

Hunter had a good weekend as well and finished one spot out of the money in poles on Friday night. The big thing got him he got good point totals each night to move up in his age group.

Onto the finals which will be the end of March in Belton.
                That’s awesome!! So glad she is getting her confidence back

Comment

Millie had a point show Saturday. That after 5 days at the SA show. Dang kids are running their dad ragged.

She improved in all events. 3rd in barrels, 4th stakes and 5th poles. We're staying local with competitions right now and having a ball.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Humble beginnings... Riley roped today and she doesn’t have the best Priefert chute or other name brands. She uses a home made one given to her by 4x World Champion , Scott Snedecor. She said if it was good enough for Scott it’s good enough for her. You don’t have to have the best to be the best but you do have to the heart and try to be the best. Doesn’t matter if it’s roping a saw horse dummy or riding a spur board or bucking barrel .. it’s the heart you put into it that will make you a champion.

Name:	4F06000D-1FC8-4100-AD9C-050DA2647BA6.jpeg
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	24609522

Comment

Originally posted by Tex_Cattleman View Post
                      Millie had a point show Saturday. That after 5 days at the SA show. Dang kids are running their dad ragged.

She improved in all events. 3rd in barrels, 4th stakes and 5th poles. We're staying local with competitions right now and having a ball.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Trey,

This one in Blanco would be a good one for Millie to run in to help build her confidence.

Blanco Rodeo Association Spring Playday
                      Yett Park in Blanco
                      Books open at 10am
                      Events start at 11am
                      You can register online at rodeogo.com
                      March 15th
                      April 19th
                      May 17th

Way to go Millie. It is all about improving on every run.

Comment

Well we are we are two weeks out from the CTYRA finals in Belton.

Hunter is going to a roping clinic this weekend with Stran Smith which should be a great time for him. He roped really well last night.

Abbey and Buddy are putting some riding time in together. They are clicking again it seems. I really like the time change because they will be able to ride everyday after school for several hours since it stays light longer.

I have been riding Cowboy a lot just to keep him legged up in case one of the kids need to jump on him and make a barrel run. About to get busy coming into the Spring and Summer. We will be going somewhere just about every weekend really soon.

Comment

This whole Cororna deal is a blow to rodeo. So many dreams NFR dreams and then this. I know I’ve got several buddies chasing that NFR dream and they just got screwed ..Leighton Berry, Paden Hurst , Anthony Thomas ..money won at Houston won’t count ... and now Austin Rodeo.. these guys are trying to make their first NFR and all won money that would keep them in the top 20 in the world. They rode great and it’s being taken away. Talked to Anthony this evening and he is pretty upset. Hate it for my friends .

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                            This whole Cororna deal is a blow to rodeo. So many dreams NFR dreams and then this. I know I’ve got several buddies chasing that NFR dream and they just got screwed ..Leighton Berry, Paden Hurst , Anthony Thomas ..money won at Houston won’t count ... and now Austin Rodeo.. these guys are trying to make their first NFR and all won money that would keep them in the top 20 in the world. They rode great and it’s being taken away. Talked to Anthony this evening and he is pretty upset. Hate it for my friends .
                            That was a load of crap and over reacting by dems.

On a good note, Sarah did well at the Blanco Playday. Her 1st runs of the season. She just moved up a class and finished 3rd in poles, 6th in straights, and 4th in straights.

Comment

My son spent this last weekend at a roping clinic put on by Stan Smith. With help from Stetson Vest and Cliff Cooper. To say my son had a blast is an understatement. He roped really well all weekend. He only missed one calf since Friday morning.

Comment

Well the CTYRA finals have been postponed. At a wait and see what happens now.

The Lometa Open rodeo was also cancelled. My father in law announces that rodeo. Good be a long summer with no where to go rodeo

Comment

Working...
                                X