Stimulus checks/back child support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stimulus checks/back child support

Sorry I posted this in Classifieds by mistake.

Looks like anyone owing back child support will have their checks sent to the other spouse/children.

The Treasury Department, which has a database of the deadbeats, has the power to intercept the coronavirus cash.

As they should.

Comment

Yep....

Comment

good

Comment

what, you don't trust them(people) to do the right thing and forward the money (back-pay)to the spouse/kids?

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
            what, you don't trust them(people) to do the right thing and forward the money (back-pay)to the spouse/kids?
            short answer is hell no.

Wife's ex would buy $1200 worth of Monster, Bedazzled jeans, pinwheels, and a giant foam finger.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
              short answer is hell no.

Wife's ex would buy $1200 worth of Monster, Bedazzled jeans, pinwheels, and a giant foam finger.
              That's F'n funny right there... and highly accurate. lol

Comment

short answer is hell no.

lol !

Comment

short answer is hell no.

Comment

What about the guys who owe $20K+ child support and hasn't filed taxes in 7-8 years, they getting a check? lol

I know someone in that position whose ex husband literally doesn't file taxes (owns his own business yet shows no income), nor deposit any money in his account, just so he doesn't have to pay.

Comment

Great!

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                        What about the guys who owe $20K+ child support and hasn't filed taxes in 7-8 years, they getting a check? lol

I know someone in that position whose ex husband literally doesn't file taxes (owns his own business yet shows no income), nor deposit any money in his account, just so he doesn't have to pay.

She needs to get ahold of the Texas Attorney General's office. Said AG can and will put a mechanical lien against his equipment or anything else he owns or has possession of. If said individual tries to leave the US he will need a passport, guess what, he won't get it or be allowed to leave if he has one assuming the person you know has tried to collect.
                        Last edited by Matt_C; 04-01-2020, 02:13 PM.

Comment

I don't owe anyone child support...but that doesn't sound like a bad gig!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_C View Post
                            She needs to get ahold of the Texas Attorney General's office. Said AG can and will put a mechanical lien against his equipment or anything else he owns or has possession of. If said individual tries to leave the US he will need a passport, guess what, he won't get it or be allowed to leave if he has one assuming the person you know has tried to collect.
                            problem is he lives in a house his "mother owns", and she basically supports him I guess. Dude is 50 and has it figured out apparently.

Comment

Do you happen to have contact info for his CPA?

Comment

Working...
                              X