Killing poison ivy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Killing poison ivy

I’ve searched through most of the poison ivy threads on here an didn’t find what I was looking for. I saw a product called Remedy at tractor supply and was wondering if anyone had good results spraying poison to kill it? I e got quite a bit to kill. Any other suggestions for a better product to use?

Round up and 2 4 D will kill it.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
      Round up and 2 4 D will kill it.
      Thanks for the tip! I’m trying to find something that won’t kill the trees as well. That may be difficult to find though.

Comment

stuff is difficult to kill. roundup or depending on the situation gas works also. gas kills grass and and just about anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoneman1 View Post
          Thanks for the tip! I’m trying to find something that won’t kill the trees as well. That may be difficult to find though.
          I think 2 4 D will be a little easier on the trees than Remedy.

Comment

2-4D is easiest on the trees...

Another product is erasure https://www.controlsolutionsinc.com/products/eraser/

Comment

I had good luck killing it in my backyard with just a stout dose of roundup, 3oz per gallon with dawn dish soap as surfactant. Had roughly a 30x30 patch that I sprayed about 5 years ago and it has not returned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A solid dose of roundup (or generic glyphosate) with surfactant/soap should be enough to kill it without damaging trees. Remedy could kill your trees.

Comment

I have had good luck with Bayer brush killer.

Comment

Had good success with "Crossbow" which is also fitting for this forum. Used it around flower beds with no damage to certain flowers (you have to test). Works great on blackberry vines. good luck.

Comment

Round up for poison ivy is what I use. Works good and won't kill the trees. They make it specifically for poison ivy

Comment

diesel

Comment

If you bought the Remedy, just cut the poison ivy vine at the base and spray the cut or if you don't cut it, just be careful not to spray the trees and only spray the vine stem near the base. 15% remedy and 85% diesel

Comment

I hate that stupid plant with a passion...

Comment

bleach works....once a year

Comment

Working...
                              X