Abbot's Executive Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abbot's Executive Order

Governor Greg Abbott today issued an Executive Order implementing Essential Services and Activities Protocols for the entire state of Texas.

My county wasn't under the "lock down" previous to this. Not sure how I feel about locking the whole state down.

Comment

This Executive Order does not prohibit people from accessing essential services or engaging in essential daily activities, such as going to the grocery store or gas station, providing or obtaining other essential services, hunting or fishing, or engaging in physical activity like jogging or bicycling, so long as the necessary precautions are maintained to reduce the transmission of COVID-19 and to minimize in-person contact with people who are not in the same household. The order also includes exemption for religious services conducted in churches, congregations, and houses of worship. All critical infrastructure will remain operational, and government entities and businesses will continue providing essential services.

That seems pretty clear, but some parks and access points are closed.

Comment

“hunting and fishing”.....that’s all I needed to see. Turkeys beware

Comment

Yep Abbot made it clear that hi to g and fishing are essential activities. I know where I'm going tomorrow. May not sleep a wink tonight.

Comment

Would pest control be considered “essential”?

Comment

Originally posted by IvoryRoot View Post
              Would pest control be considered “essential”?
              What kind of pest?

Comment

I'm afraid a lot of Texans are going to be out of work on April 2. It's nice we can go hunt/fish though.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbs View Post
                  My county wasn't under the "lock down" previous to this. Not sure how I feel about locking the whole state down.
                  I know exactly how I feel about it. The whole state is not “locked down” I went to Tyler this morning, traffic was about half of normal, but I didn’t see the Gestapo asking for anyone’s papers.

I feel for the folks who aren’t able to work and make a paycheck, but if you live in a fairly large city, and you want to be NYC, disregard the protocols and get sick. This thing is real and the worst is not over, so I’m gonna stay away from folks as much as I can until it’s over.

I’ve lost over $40K (on paper) in the market and I ain’t worried about it. There’s more to this life than money, eating in the restaurant, drinking in the bar, going to ball games, etc., etc. Most people under 40 never had any hardship in their lives, well here’s a little bit, and I sincerely hope it gets better quickly

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                    What kind of pest?
                    Ants, spiders, roaches, etc.

Comment

Looks like construction is considered essential or am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by IvoryRoot View Post
                        Ants, spiders, roaches, etc.
                        I would say so. Most companies I know of are trying to stay on the outside of the home/building only, to maintain the protective barrier of pesticide and keep bugs out.

This strategy works well for homes that have an ongoing pest control program and it protects the employees from customer contact/exposure.

Pest control is necessary to prevent disease, loss of food products, and grain.

Comment

This is what gets me:

Abbott said 42,922 Texans have been tested for COVID-19, with 3,266 positive results and 41 deaths. There’s at least one case in 122 of Texas’ 254 counties

Everyone in a panic and only 10% of those tested were positive. So did they have flu like symptoms and yet still not Covid?

Still not even close to other "flu" viruses that affected WAY more people and nothing was done. I still smell a rat, somewhere. Not sure who, what, when but, somewhere.

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

Can’t tour any new apartment complexes or houses because of it, apparently finding a place to live isn’t essential. Not happy about this being statewide.

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
                              This is what gets me:

Abbott said 42,922 Texans have been tested for COVID-19, with 3,266 positive results and 41 deaths. There’s at least one case in 122 of Texas’ 254 counties

Everyone in a panic and only 10% of those tested were positive. So did they have flu like symptoms and yet still not Covid?

Still not even close to other "flu" viruses that affected WAY more people and nothing was done. I still smell a rat, somewhere. Not sure who, what, when but, somewhere.

.....and God Bless America.
                              You are absolutely wrong. I’m seeing it first hand...a week ago we had roughly 55k cases and 800 deaths...today we are at 188k cases and almost 4K deaths...this is causing Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) in approximately 5% of cases...super basic explanation, your lungs fill with fluid to the point you can’t breath, the put in a tube and ventilate you, 50%+ mortality on the vent. If we hit a million cases, which I feel we will quite easily, with our current projection, we are looking at 13-18k deaths. If we hit 10 million, well you can see my point. This IS NOT THE FLU! Take it seriously and be smart.

Comment

Working...
                              X