Shooting down a well makes a big boom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shooting down a well makes a big boom

Just in case you've never tried it On Saturday at the lease I was showing my son an old hand-dug well on the place. He was leaning over looking in and said "hey there's a big rattlesnake down there!" I couldn't see it so I dropped in a rock and heard the buzzing. We grabbed a flashlight and sure enough, there it was about 15-20 feet down on the dry bottom. He held the light while I leaned in as far as I could with rat shot in my .357. I learned that shooting down a well makes quite an echo! Not sure how it got there unless it fell in - a good bit of the sides were smoothed concrete

i bet that sounded AWESOME!!!! like a howitzer going off or something

Comment

The important question is........IS IT DEAD

Comment

Throw a quart of gas down it and then a match!

Comment

Originally posted by skipetex View Post
          The important question is........IS IT DEAD
          Yes! I've never shot a snake beyond about 6 feet with those rounds so I wondered how effective it would be but apparently a few pellets found it's noggin

Comment

Made the mistake of firing a 357 6" barrel from a box blind. Learn from mistakes. Stupid. Ears stopped ringing in about an hour. Certain lost a large level of hearing. Took a quick shot at a doe up close to see how well the revolver would do. Held the gun inside. OOuuchh. Confessions. (it worked well except, you know!)
            Too bad your trophy was at the bottom of the well. Some good frying.

Comment

send it a Molotov cocktail

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                  Throw a quart of gas down it and then a match!
                  Gallon of gas. Give it 5 minutes. Light a fuse hanging over the side and run. Do this at night with ear plugs in. The fire ball will go hundreds of feet high!

That's what a friend told me.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                    Gallon of gas. Give it 5 minutes. Light a fuse hanging over the side and run. Do this at night with ear plugs in. The fire ball will go hundreds of feet high!

That's what a friend told me.
                    All the wells I’ve looked down, it has never occurred to me to fire a round down to see what it sounded like. So the OP just put a probably not so good idea in my head, then I kept reading, now I have 2 things I’m sure will be happening that probably shouldn’t be.

Comment

And here’s your sign.

Comment

Pics?????

Comment

darn wished I had a wishing well to blow up!

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
                            All the wells I’ve looked down, it has never occurred to me to fire a round down to see what it sounded like. So the OP just put a probably not so good idea in my head, then I kept reading, now I have 2 things I’m sure will be happening that probably shouldn’t be.
                            Two key elements to maximum success. One is ample fuel. Gallon seems perfect. Then letting it sit.

Fuse can be a rag that hangs down on both sides of curb so you light it well below the top and it burns up and falls in. Actual fuse is better. Another thing that will work is a chord with a broken light bulb on the end dropped way down. Touch other end to battery and bang.

Comment

Here…hold my beer !

Comment

Working...
                              X