Turkey Air Fryer Recipes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turkey Air Fryer Recipes?

Ok GS what is the best recipe and process/steps you know of to use a char-broil oil-less air fryer to cook a Thanksgiving turkey? It will be my first family Thanksgiving ever at my place and in the new house and I really don't want to screw it up. Will be cooking for 10 people. I greatly appreciate the info!!!

Make sure it is completely thawed. Sometimes I brine over night, sometimes not. Pat it dry, rub some olive oil on it then lightly season with Tony Chachere's. A 15 lb turkey usually takes about 3 hours. Use a meat thermometer and pull it when the breast hits 160-165. Those oil less fryers are great. Skin comes out nice and crispy and the turkey is juicy.

Comment

nice! brine works ok with the oil-less fryers huh? That's good to know the stuff I had read said it didn't turn out well, skin never gets crispy is what is said.

Comment

I honestly cant remember the last time I brined one. I know I havent the last 3 years. I dont think its necessary. Just make sure you pat it dry with paper towels before you smear cooking oil on it. I use Tony Chachere's, but I'm sure whatever your favorite seasoning would be good too.

Just make sure it's fully thawed and dont cram too big of a turkey in there. I think a 15 pounder is about as big as I would go. It says it'll hold an 18 pounder but it took forever to cook when I tried that. Also watch out for the top of the bird to get too dark if you leave that wire lid on there. You might want to leave that off or at least keep and eye on it.

Theres nothing complicated about it. Very hard to mess up. Best turkey I've ever eaten though, and I'm not even really a fan of turkey. Now my family makes me cook one every Thanksgiving.

Comment

Like said above brine, dry, oil, and season with some Cajun.... I will say be sure to do research on how long it will take... my BIL cooked one two years ago and it took way longer than expected which caused our lunch to turn into a late dinner. Not too many happy after that especially since the smoked turkey and all other fixings were done hours before. hard to keep all that food warm with one oven not to mention hungry kids, inlaws, and such.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTealHunter View Post
            Like said above brine, dry, oil, and season with some Cajun.... I will say be sure to do research on how long it will take... my BIL cooked one two years ago and it took way longer than expected which caused our lunch to turn into a late dinner. Not too many happy after that especially since the smoked turkey and all other fixings were done hours before. hard to keep all that food warm with one oven not to mention hungry kids, inlaws, and such.
            If it is windy a lot of heat will get blown out, I just lay over a couple of chairs for a wind break

Comment

thanks guys!

Comment

Let thaw in fridge,inject with a bottle of Tony's Creole Butter marinade,let sit in fridge another night. Pat skin dry,rub down exterior with Canola oil,lightly season with Tony's and put in air fryer. We eat turkey year round and do it this way every time.

Comment

And I normally leave the lid off of mine until the last few minutes then put it on to get the skin color right. If it's windy you will probably have to use the lid the entire time.

Comment

If you are using a Butterball all you really need is a little salt and pepper. A 12lb bird takes about 90 minutes. SO easy to use, they are the best way to go for me. Just have a decent thermometer to check inside temp.
                    I have made ribs in there also...very good! Sometimes hanging out at the pit half a day cooking ribs is fun and other times you want to speed up the process...this will do it, awesome.
                    Last edited by RattlesnakeDan; 11-22-2019, 06:15 AM.

Comment

The hardest part on the first couple is getting past looking at it in there and thinking “oh POO, this isn’t going to turn out!”

We inject it, rub the outside with oil and season, make sure the cooker is out of the wind (important), start with the mesh lid off and finish with it on. Allow a good bit of time for it to cool enough to get out of the wire basket and rest before cutting.

They always turn out great.

Comment

I appreciate the info a ton!!!

Comment

Sounds good

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                            X