Freedom shooting sports Corsicana?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freedom shooting sports Corsicana?

Did the store in corsicana ever open since they closed the kerens one, and do they have a good archery tech since Jerry Reeves quit? Had alot of bad luck and down right bad stories with local shops over the years, custom archery works (didn't last long), outhouse, peacock archery...

No, it's still under construction...

Comment

I didn't even know they had one in Kerens until they started building the new one, so I can't help on the tech questions.

Comment

It used to be rednek booda outdoors in kerens, jerry left, then changed name to freedom shooting sports, haven't been to the shop since the second incarnation... need a good tech, they seem to be hard to find in the area.

Comment

I lived in Corsicana for 8 years.. I stopped by the one in Kerens twice to check it out and it was closed. I am Northeast of Corsicana so I use On Taget Archery in Canton. It's a 1.5 hour drive and we'll worth it. Bryan and his staff are good people. There used to be one in Madisonville years ago.

Comment

I've heard some recommendations for a guy in Kosse, but think he is the same one who used to own custom archery works in waco.

Comment

They are open now. Grand opening was last week

Comment

They are open. I went by the end of last week and had them scale a bow. The man at the archery desk seemed pretty knowledgeable and we discussed some trad archery shooting. Not many who do that, especially around here. ALSO if you stop by, you need to go to the outdoor 3D range.

Comment

DO you know if they rent bows? Thinking of taking the kids by there this weekend and wanted to see about renting a youth bow for the kids to shoot while there.

Comment

If you go, take your bow out of the case!!!

I walked in with mine the other day and they must have thought I was going to rob the place. All but screamed, get that bow out of the case.

I looked at them funny and left.

Comment

I haven’t made it up there yet but this and some posts on their Facebook page makes me concerned about the friendliness of the staff.

Comment

Staff was VERY pleasant to me. There are signs on the door that ask you to please leave your case in the truck/car. Limited space and most of us have rather LARGE cases. Most of the shops I have been in lately have the same rule. Just have some courtesy and all is well. I do not work for them nor receive anything, and don't want a good place getting a bad rep for an insignificant reason.

Comment

Glad to hear...hopefully I can make it by there tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Coacher View Post
                            I haven’t made it up there yet but this and some posts on their Facebook page makes me concerned about the friendliness of the staff.
                            Its the outhouse in waco all over again

Comment

I'm in there about once a week and everyone is helpful and knowledgeable. Decent place but not a huge selection. I've been trying to buy a pack of prints for my rages for 2 weeks and they just keep telling me they are sold out.

Comment

Working...
                              X