Non-resident hunting license - Active military

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non-resident hunting license - Active military

Can’t seem to find the answer of TPWD website.

I have a cousin coming to visit and he wanted to hunt during his visit.

Does anyone know how much it costs to get a non-resident hunting license for an active military member? I can’t imagine that they wouldn’t get some type of discount to the $315 non-resident license.

It’s free unless they have changed it recently

Comment

Per the TPWD website, unless I'm missing something, only free Military licenses are for Texas residents.

Texas Resident Active Duty Military License Packages
      Available to any Texas resident on full-time active military service in the U.S. Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Coast Guard, Reserves, National Guard or Texas State Guard. Proof of residency for this license is: military service record(s) indicating that the person’s home of record is in Texas or that the person’s duty station for the six months immediately prior to the time of application is in Texas. Official proof can be digital or hard copy. Must be purchased in person at a license retailer.

Comment

call TPWD directly. By the statement below copied from above, I would think you qualify if you have been stationed here for 6 months or longer regardless of where your home of record is. Just get a copy of your orders moving you here from your admin office.

"or that the person’s duty station for the six months immediately prior to the time of application is in Texas"

Thank you for your service.

Semper Fi.

Comment

I dont think Texas is unique in not giving a military discount to non residents.
          How ever I did see on the news this morning that a hunting license is no longer required to hunt pigs. Just assuming that pertains to non residents as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryAddict View Post
            call TPWD directly. By the statement below copied from above, I would think you qualify if you have been stationed here for 6 months or longer regardless of where your home of record is. Just get a copy of your orders moving you here from your admin office.

"or that the person’s duty station for the six months immediately prior to the time of application is in Texas"

Thank you for your service.

Semper Fi.
            I believe this is correct. When I first got to ft hood I had to show them my orders for being stationed there to get the military super combo

Comment

Chatted it over with TPWD. If you are a non resident and active military member who is not stationed in TX, you only have to pay the standard resident rate. You just need to bring copy of orders, pay stub, etc to show verification that they are active military.

Comment

Most states the deal is for a resident military serviceman.

Comment

Working...
                X