First youth bow for almost 5 year old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am in the market to get my soon to be 5 year old her first bow. She has been out with us practicing and she was very excited about it. I would like a good bow that can grow with her but do not want to break the bank (100-200$ range).

Any recommendations?

I bought my son a Mission. He absolutely loves it. Everyday when I pick him up, our routine is, get in, feed and water the dogs, let them out.
    Grab our bows, and shoot until they finish their business and exercise.

Here's some videos of his genesis in archery that has developed into a passion.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
    I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
    I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

He's come a long way after some suggestions from other contributors here and myself working with him.

An alternative would be the Mathew's Genesis. That is a very nice bow too and I was about to get it, but then learned about how adjustable the Craze was and opted for it. He shouldn't need a bow, maybe a sting and longer arrows, but unless he chooses to change in the future.

Comment

My son has a mission craze. He bought it used off of TBH. It has grown with him since he was about 6 or 7.

Comment

Diamond atomic

Comment

Originally posted by Adam G. View Post
          Diamond atomic
          This is what I got my son. He shoots it all the time!

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
              This is what I got my son. He shoots it all the time!
              x3

Comment

My daughter (12 now) has been shooting a Mission Menace for 4 years now. Very adjustable and shoots nice.

Comment

I have a Diamond atomic I am getting rid of. It’s been a good bow. Will adjust from 6-29 lbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My now 5 yr old little girl has the diamond atomic. Got it for her when she was 4. She loves it and it's easy to adjust yourself as they grow. All I did was add a peep sight and d loop and she was ready to roll. That would be my vote for that age. Plan to bump her up to a mission once she gets bigger

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Looked at the Atomic but figured my son would out grow it really quick. The Bear Cruzer Lite is a little longer ATA (3"), a pound heavier, but has similar minimum draw length, weight, and adjustment as the Atomic. I see my son shooting it into his teen years without a problem with a max 45# weight.

Comment

I highly recommend the Atomic with a new set of budget friendly strings:

http://www.mikes-archery.com/ $35 a set shipped for 2 color 452x. With the Atomic you don't even need a press to change strings. I bought one for my son and then my daughter. Its a good bow out of the box, but good strings make it a great bow. I could group 4 arrows in a 3-4" circle across my yard (18 yds).
                        Last edited by agwrestler; 10-24-2018, 03:05 PM.

Comment

For a 5 year old the mass weight of the bow is extremely important. A mission bow is probably too big unless your boy is a big 5 year old.

Look at the pse mini burner or a mini genisus

Comment

Originally posted by Notaguide View Post
                            Looked at the Atomic but figured my son would out grow it really quick. The Bear Cruzer Lite is a little longer ATA (3"), a pound heavier, but has similar minimum draw length, weight, and adjustment as the Atomic. I see my son shooting it into his teen years without a problem with a max 45# weight.

I got my son the atomic for his 4th birthday. He's 9 now and still shooting it. We haven't maxed it out yet either. Will probably get another year or 2 out of it before I get him something else. Been $200 well spent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                              I have a Diamond atomic I am getting rid of. It’s been a good bow. Will adjust from 6-29 lbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              Is this still available?

Comment

Working...
                              X