Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In all my years of bowhunting, this is a 1st for me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In all my years of bowhunting, this is a 1st for me.

Out at Lake Georgetown now and after checking camera and feeder, I go back to my ground blind to get ready.

Same routine for years.

I always take a practice pull on my bow to make sure everything is working including me.

As I release back after holding shooting position for about 15 seconds, I slowly release back to normal position.

I hear a crunch and bam. My lower cam caught the steel 1/8" wide strip of my bow blind and was "spaghetted" in the lower cam.

Crap. After trying a few times to pull back and release the steel, no luck. I had to break the steel edging from the blind by bending it back and forth. Ut finally broke and I slid it off. Did another check and my 12 years PSE vengeance is ok.

What are the chances of this happening?

Has this ever happened to anyone here?
    Attached Files

The odds for you, I'm not sure.
    Odds for me, 100%.
    If it can happen, and complicate things to an unbelievable degree, it seems like it's me it's gonna happen to.

Comment

I had to let down on a doe that walked behind a bush one morning and the tail of my open jacket got between the string and cam. Bad stuff happened ! String derailed, ruined my bottom cam and I almost crapped down both legs. New cam and I was back in business. Mathews Outback. I sold that bow several years later and the guy ran a cotton ball over the limbs and found a little snagging going on, he still wanted the bow so I split the cost of new limbs with him and I know within reason that the blowup was the cause of that splintering, I had just never known it.

Comment

Got part of my leafy suit caught up once. Glad your bow is ok.

Comment

Time for a new blind.
          Never heard of that happening before.

Comment

Good to know. Glad it turned out OK.

Comment

Cant say I have ever heard of that before.

Comment

That’s a first for me! Crazy...

Comment

It's good nothing serious happened to your bow.

Good to see others still shooting their "seasoned" bows. I am still shooting my 2007 Guardian.

Comment

That ruined a hunt. Glad you’re okay

Comment

never would have thought it

Comment

The first I ever heard.

Comment

Looks like you out did me on strange bow messes. I have a long list of things like that, but not quite that good yet.
                          Probably my worst, was getting my mosquito netting camo sleeve, wrapped tightly about 30 times around the string, made a big wad of mosquito netting on the string. Took a good while to get the mess un done, took less than 1/2 second to make the mess, then a long time to get the me and the bow untangled. Never could figure out how it wrapped the netting so many times around the string and wrap it so tightly, with one shot.

Comment

Now that is super weird!!!! Glad your bow is OK.

I was at a 3D shoot one day. A truck came down the road. My recurve was in a bow holder on my hip. Somehow, the tip of my limb got caught Betsy the cab and bed of the truck as he passed by me, and started to drag me a bit. I yelled, he stopped, but it I was too late for the bow. Broke the limb, and I have to get a new set of limbs for the bow!!!! That was a $400 hiccup. I couldn’t have got that bow stuck like that in that moving truck if you gave me a hundred tries!!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                              It's good nothing serious happened to your bow.

Good to see others still shooting their "seasoned" bows. I am still shooting my 2007 Guardian.
                              How is that backup Guardian I traded you doing?

Comment

Working...
                              X