Tacoma/Tundra?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HOOKNBULLET2 View Post
    I’ve spent the last 30 days buying a new 2020 4Runner and 2020 Tacoma.

I did it 100% online. No hours at the dealership. Very easy to negotiate price from the couch while on TBH.

That being said, most dealers are still trying to add Paint sealers and fabric protectors on the back end for extra profits so pay close attention to the details. Unlike other brands, Toyota dealers do not put the window stickers online to see the actual MSRP. Common practice is for them to add the previous mentioned profit makers to the Toyota MSRP and list that as the MSRP of the vehicle. Again, pay attention to the details.

The single worst experience I’ve ever had with a dealership was with Boyce Garcia “the manager” at Toyota of Victoria. I highly recommend you avoid them.

I do recommend San Marcos Toyota and Greg LeBlanc Toyota in Houma, LA. I received great service and the best price of all the dealerships in Texas and Louisiana.
    I have been researching new tundras. What I have found is that the double cab gives up backseat room for more bed length. The front seat arrangements look the same.

I looked at some at the dealreship today so I wouldn't be hounded by the sales folks. I did trip their security several times as I heard over the speakers I was was on surveillance.

the paint sealer stuff is listed as distributor add on, not dealer. Not sure what that means.

I think I will be looking at a double cab in 4wd. Check out CARPRO USA to see which dealer is a member.

Comment

As mentioned carmax was the easiest car buying experience I've ever had.

Also, FWIW I work a car auction one day a week. Toyota gets more bids from more customers no matter truck or car than any other automaker out there

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

check w charles maund in austin... they are a volume dealer and dont negotiate too much on the price bc they make money on volume, I shopped around and found the best price in texas here.

Comment

The deal depends on the dealer. The sale depends on the buyer.

Tacomas get good gas mileage. Tundras like to drink gas.

Comment

I use Cargurus and just bought a 2012 Tundra for $4,000 under book value in Houston. I’ve used it for my last few purchases.

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Who’s the best dealership to work with in Houston Area?

Comment

Originally posted by HOOKNBULLET2 View Post
                  I’ve spent the last 30 days buying a new 2020 4Runner and 2020 Tacoma.

I did it 100% online. No hours at the dealership. Very easy to negotiate price from the couch while on TBH.

That being said, most dealers are still trying to add Paint sealers and fabric protectors on the back end for extra profits so pay close attention to the details. Unlike other brands, Toyota dealers do not put the window stickers online to see the actual MSRP. Common practice is for them to add the previous mentioned profit makers to the Toyota MSRP and list that as the MSRP of the vehicle. Again, pay attention to the details.

The single worst experience I’ve ever had with a dealership was with Boyce Garcia “the manager” at Toyota of Victoria. I highly recommend you avoid them.

I do recommend San Marcos Toyota and Greg LeBlanc Toyota in Houma, LA. I received great service and the best price of all the dealerships in Texas and Louisiana.
                  Wonder if Greg is kin to Price LeBlanc? When I was a kid Price LeBlanc Toyota commercials ran non stop on KLFY Ch 10 out of Lafayette. And, Baton Rouge stations.

Comment

I had pretty good luck with Don MCGill. Best price, good service.

Just found out, the lifetime oil changes only applies with them. You have to ONLY use them.

They are 2 half hours from me, so I’ll just get my first 5 free locally then change my own oil after that.

Comment

Just saw this the other day...OUCH for those that change there own OIL...Newer Tacoma

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNww28gEIJ4"]Toyota Oil Change SECRET Exposed - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
                        Just saw this the other day...OUCH for those that change there own OIL...Newer Tacoma

Toyota Oil Change SECRET Exposed - YouTube
                        He really goes to extreme lengths to make it sound as difficult as possible. The only really bad thing about it is having to remove the skid plate. Everything else is pretty much same as any other cartridge type filter change on any other vehicle, other than the plunge/drain nozzle, which I think is a benefit.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
                          He really goes to extreme lengths to make it sound as difficult as possible. The only really bad thing about it is having to remove the skid plate. Everything else is pretty much same as any other cartridge type filter change on any other vehicle, other than the plunge/drain nozzle, which I think is a benefit.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
                          I'd change the oil in three Tundras not to have to hear him speak.

Comment

He sure made that oil change look hard!

Comment

Cut a hole in that skid plate while its off.

Comment

Originally posted by highspeed View Post
                                Cut a hole in that skid plate while its off.
                                or make a hinged access door.

Comment

Working...
                                X