Letter jacket rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letter jacket rant

So my son who is on his high school shooting team is going to letter this year and is in the process of ordering a letter jacket. He and some buddies have a saying 'bang bang, skeet skeet' when they do well. They have wanted that on their jackets since the order started. Its kinda corny but oh well, theyre good kids and 16

The company who makes the jackets has refused to embroider it. So they elected to have 2A or II A for second amendment.

You guessed it, they wont do that either and claimed its "vulgar" and against corporate policy. I plan on contacting corporate in attempt to get a better answer.

Any witty words of encouragement from the green screen I can pass along?

and anyone have an embroidery business. Ill pay outside the company

2A doesn't seem like a big deal but "bang bang, skeet skeet" does have an alternate meaning

Comment

I would go with outside company. Lots of embroidery places. It ain't rocket science. If they don't want your business, someone else will. Good luck

Comment

Just order it and have someone else do the embroidery. I would also look to see if I could order the jacket through someone else as well.

Comment

There is a place over in your neck of the woods off of Hardin Store Rd, that should be able to do it for you. I think the company name is DBS Marketing or DBS Promotions

Apologies...it's off of Nichols Sawmill, not Hardin Store

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
            2A doesn't seem like a big deal but "bang bang, skeet skeet" does have an alternate meaning
            This - You may want to check the ol Urban Dictionary before being "ok" with the second option placed on your sons Letter Jacket

Comment

Leave it blank then add it afterwards. Sucks that you would have to do that though.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                Just order it and have someone else do the embroidery. I would also look to see if I could order the jacket through someone else as well.
                this is what we did with my son

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
                  This - You may want to check the ol Urban Dictionary before being "ok" with the second option placed on your sons Letter Jacket
                  LOL. First thing I checked was UD. Figured OP had no idea.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
                    ^^ this ^^ if you know what its primary use is and are cool with your son putting it on his jacket then go for it.

Comment

I had to look it up, but at least one of the boys didn’t. Lol! Bullet dodged, pun..

Comment

Tell him no on that saying

Getting 2A, or A2 shouldn't be an issue. If it is get it done somewhere else. Like others said, lots of places do it

Comment

My parents ordered all of my patches, letters, inscriptions, last name, and anything else that went on my jacket after I already had my jacket. Plus, it was cheaper that way anyway. Dont worry about the school or letter jacket company that refuses to do it. There is someone out there that will do it. Now, it may not pass your school's dress code, but someone will print it.

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                            There is a place over in your neck of the woods off of Hardin Store Rd, that should be able to do it for you. I think the company name is DBS Marketing or DBS Promotions

Apologies...it's off of Nichols Sawmill, not Hardin Store

thats close and I guess im off to urban dictionary......

edit. i guess the company contacted the school who denied it. the UD thing is absurd these kids are lettering on the freaking shooting team!?
                            Last edited by Quackerbox; 12-19-2019, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                              thats close and I guess im off to urban dictionary......

edit. i guess the company contacted the school who denied it. the UD thing is absurd these kids are lettering on the freaking shooting team!?
                              They are 16 yr old boys. They know it has a double meaning

Comment

Working...
                              X