Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote=duckhunter1;16338108]
    Originally posted by rtp View Post

Let me know how it goes, i have an Oct. 51 Rifle tag.
    Hit me up after the 19th and I'll give you an update. My understanding is the better bulls in that unit are killed during the gun season so you have that going for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
      Check into keto/low carb high fat, if you haven't yet. You don't lose weight in the gym. You can't outwork poor nutrition. You lose weight in the kitchen, but only if you buy the right stuff and don't buy the wrong stuff in the grocery store.
      Truer words have not been spoken.

Comment

Well, it's that time of the year when we start watching weather patterns, looking like fall could be chilly and get here plenty early, Sept.
        If the warm water up off Alaska holds, we'll be getting more cold air streaming down into the lower US.
        Might mean another year where we get a big snow in Sept.

Watch the weather folks if you have plans for the mountains in Sept.
        I really can't wait for the fall cool down, snow can wait though.
        Don Day's weather podcasts are worth a watch for you mountain hunters, he does the forecasts for most of Wyoming and is a bow hunter so he really tries to get it right and if you listen to local radio while in Wyoming , you'll hear his weather forecasts on it : https://dayweatherpodcast.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ivanblock View Post
          NM Unit 34 - Sept 1. Can’t wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Potato Canyon

Comment

Started shooting out to 90 this week. I think Im going to be as ready as I can be for a flatlander heading to 10,500 ft. My son gave me an elevation training mask a few days ago for my bday. Im going to give it a go these next several weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
              I will be in Colorado in an OTC unit somewhere. Just had my dream archery Alaska moose hunt fall apart 3 weeks before I was supposed to leave. I would take a NM landowner cow tag at this point if I could find one. Not a big fan of elk hunting solo at 55 but I’m not gonna stay home. Good luck to everyone
              Any idea what unit you will be in?

Comment

Originally posted by Chad_E View Post
                Leave the evening of Aug 30th for the first week of September. Colorado, Unit 140, private. I'm about as dialed as I'm going to get. Packing starts soon!
                Leave some elk for me. I will be there on the 17th. We hunted opening week last year and they broke the heat record 3 days in a row while we were.

Comment

I have been able to completely rehab my it band issue in my left knee. Been pain free for over a month now. It has made a significant impact on my ability to be able to push my limits. The rehab co-pays and time commitment were well worth the cost.

Comment

I am super excited for my elk hunt this year. We got drawn for 16B and going in on horseback with Tom Klumker from San Francisco River Outfitters. Hunting the 19-24 and in pretty good shape. Been spending more time working out than I have shooting, definitely need to be shooting more.

Comment

Originally posted by Mbbriggs05 View Post
                      Any idea what unit you will be in?
                      Most likely 86. Haven’t made up my mind yet.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                        Started shooting out to 90 this week. I think Im going to be as ready as I can be for a flatlander heading to 10,500 ft. My son gave me an elevation training mask a few days ago for my bday. Im going to give it a go these next several weeks.
                        I've seen a lot of stuff that says those masks don't provide any benefit. Not throwing stones, just passing it on.....

While training masks restrict oxygen volume, they can't replicate atmospheric pressures at high altitudes. So, we examined how and if elevation masks really work.

Comment

Unit 3 WY first week of Oct. Excitement building more every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                            I've seen a lot of stuff that says those masks don't provide any benefit. Not throwing stones, just passing it on.....

https://www.bodybuilding.com/content...asks-work.html
                            Most everything I've read over the years says the opposite in regards to strengthening the diaphragm.
                            I've been doing breathing exercises for 20 yrs, and it makes a world of difference from personal experience.
                            Especially when you have a pack on, chest strap secure, and your breathing movements are being restricted.

Diaphragmatic breathing is an exercising technique to help strengthen your diaphragm and fill your lungs with air more efficiently.

Comment

A 75 yo, lifetime elk hunter told me to get in the best shape you can, but simply don't walk faster than you can breath. ymmv

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                                Most everything I've read over the years says the opposite in regards to strengthening the diaphragm.
                                I've been doing breathing exercises for 20 yrs, and it makes a world of difference from personal experience.
                                Especially when you have a pack on, chest strap secure, and your breathing movements are being restricted.

Diaphragmatic breathing is an exercising technique to help strengthen your diaphragm and fill your lungs with air more efficiently.

https://www.pennmedicine.org/updates...hing-exercises
                                You can give John and I tips when we pick you on our way since you're afoot! :0

Comment

Working...
                                X