Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaning up around the house has it rewards and it's downsides....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife and I went through every closet and every cabinet in the house last weekend organizing and disposing of all of the crap that we've accumulated over the years. The garbage men are going to hate me this week. I did find the Maven binoculars that went missing a year go, so that was a win. On the down side, I wasn't able to find my Forster case trimmer that I haven't used since last year. Oh, well, binoculars $800, case trimmer $130. It could be worse.

I just moved and realized all I really want is my guns, bows, a guitar, and some clothes

Yet somehow I still have a pile of stuff haha.

Comment

Just finished unpacking since we built the house !
      Was like Christmas all over again. I had so many toys, I had forgotten I even had.
      I’m the worst about buying stuff I don’t need because it’s cool, then throw into a box and forget about it.
      I should have built a bigger house.

Comment

I am a firm believer that if you don't touch something for 3 years it is trash. Unfortunately I can't get the boss lady to come around to my way of thinking.

Comment

Currently moving in our new house and “lawd have mercy”!!!!
          I found things I never knew we had and she swears she didn’t buy it behind my back. (49 years of marriage)
          Marketplace is my friend on moving all this stuff.
          “One man’s trash is another man’s treasure”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Going through the same thing here. Retired recently and moving to Lake LBJ. Sooo, we have to get our house of 22 years ready to sell. You can accrue a LOT of crap over 22 years!

Comment

It's amazing what all you accumulate over the years

Comment

Finishing up a big remodel and I have made six trips to the dump. We donated between 12 to 15 big bags of cloths/ shoes/ bedding/ kitchen wares etc. Given away bunches and sold some.
                We need to do more!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post
                  Going through the same thing here. Retired recently and moving to Lake LBJ. Sooo, we have to get our house of 22 years ready to sell. You can accrue a LOT of crap over 22 years!
                  oh yes... Just went through this with 23 years of "STUFF" Alot donated, given to kids, friends...taken to the dump(mostly outside stuff) live on 5 acres. Moved alot of stuff to storage unit(climate controlled) just to make house pretty for the pictures. it is a lot of work.

Comment

It sounds like inflation hasn’t hurt y’all too much. I absolutely need ALL the jun….uh, stuff that I’ve accumulated over the years.

Comment

Working...
                    X