Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Greatest Baseball Announcer In The History Of The Game….

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rest In Peace Mr. Scully.

Dizzy Dean and Pee Wee Reese sure could call a game too.

Comment

Agree, the GOAT. Thank you, and RIP.

Comment

R I P Legend and best of all time.

Of course he was on the call on my favorite at bat of all time.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0toCMwEBwLo"]1988 WS Game 1: Kirk Gibson's dramatic game-winning home run - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

RIP Sir

Comment

Growing up in Northern Colorado we could get the Dodgers and Cardinals games at night on AM radio. By the time chores and dinner were done the Cardinals were usually deep into the game. My dad and I would go to the garage and work on things while listening to Vince Scully paint us the play by play. His caramel tones made you feel like you were really there. I learned lots of things about baseball and life during those times. There will be other announcers but no one will ever be as good as he was. I lost my Dad last month, Mr. Scully today. Both of these men made the world a better place. They will be missed. Thank you and goodnight Mr. Scully.
            Last edited by talltexasshoote; 08-03-2022, 07:43 AM.

Comment

What about Joe Buck??

Comment

F joe buck......

Comment

Curt Gowdy was another good one.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                    What about Joe Buck??
                    I would say that Jack Buck belongs in the conversation. When I was a kid in the 60's, (in Tulsa) on summer nights I would sneak my transistor radio into bed when I was supposed to be asleep and listen to Cardinal games. At that time the announcers were Jack Buck and Harry Carey. Listening to those broadcasts made me a lifelong baseball fan.

Comment

Not many I’d rather listen to - sad couple of days for absolute legends.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                        I would say that Jack Buck belongs in the conversation. When I was a kid in the 60's, (in Tulsa) on summer nights I would sneak my transistor radio into bed when I was supposed to be asleep and listen to Cardinal games. At that time the announcers were Jack Buck and Harry Carey. Listening to those broadcasts made me a lifelong baseball fan.
                        To me, the 60's was the hey day of sports. Sitting in my dads lap on Sunday afternoons watching the game was special.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                          I did the same thing, but with Milo and the Astros.

Regarding Harry Carey.....I still remember when, then rookie, Ken Caminiti played against the Cubs and Harry couldn't pronounce "Caminiti" to save his life.

Comment

There are a lot of good ones, maybe even great ones. But Mr. Scully was just magical. Even everyday run of the mill games seemed really exciting when I listened to him calling the game.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                              Bob Ueker!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone loves the Ueke, but he’s not in Vin Scully’s class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ernie Harwell is #2 on the list

Comment

Working...
                                X