• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is a windmill worth?

Any place to get a good idea of value?

Need more details.

Comment

Yes. More details. As I may be interested depending in what youve got. .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Depends on size and condition. I had a very nice 1958 Aeromotor 30 ft tower with 8 ft mill installed for 5400 dollars in March.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've seen them for as much as $1200 or so.

Comment

Need more info. And just because it goes round and round doesn’t mean it’s in good working order. Almost everyone I’ve looked at has had zero maintenance done on it and has run without oil for a good length of time. If they run long enough without oil the main shaft on the fan wears down into the housing making it non rebuildable.

Comment

I’ve seen them from $20 to several hundred thousand dollars

Comment

What size is than fan and where is it located?

Comment

Not mine and not telling location unless I decide I don't want it

Wife wants it

Guessing 6' fan, 20-30' tower

Next time I am out there I will hit the landowner up about it and just go from there.
                    I thought there might be a place to get a general idea of value

Comment

One of my best friends buys old windmills and restores them.
                      He only deals with vintage Areomotors.
                      When I got mine, we traded some stuff, but he was getting about $3,000 plus install.
                      Now he's getting $7,000, plus install. These are completely overhauled on the inside, but the natural patina is left alone. They spin absolutely silently.

He usually buys the old ones for under $1,000.

Comment

We got lucky about 15 years ago and got one off a ranch being sold and developed. Didn't have to pay a thing, just had to go pick it up and then get a guy to install it and it is for show only, did not drill a well. Back then I was told it was worth about $3k. I believe it cost me a thousand to get it set up on concrete footers about 4ft deep.

I was in the same boat, my wife wanted it, so although I got it for free, I would have paid for it to make her happy, so that should be your gauge!!! Good luck!! They are very cool to have, we enjoy it and it is a topic of conversation!

Comment

I sold one couple months ago. Got $1200

Comment

If it’s in good shape and spins, anything less than $2500 isn’t a bad deal

Comment

Working...
                            X