Sugar detox - getting it done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by topshot View Post
    Haha. A small sampling of what is going on...both elbows.
    That right there looks like draftmans elbow. You been working with a T square ?
    Seen a lot of that back in the 60's and 70's before Computers and Cadd.

Comment

Looks like the start of monkey pox . Did you celebrate pride month a little much [emoji16][emoji16]

Comment

Look up Herxheimer Reaction. And yes, candida die-off.

Comment

27 days ago I kicked all added/refined sugar to the curb and said no more. My motivation was to make a drastic shift in my health and energy, mood and shed a few pounds. I'm not a big sugar guy to begin with, as I dont drink sodas or other drinks with high sugar content, nor do I eat any high fructose corn syrup.

Rules are: no added sugar, no honey, no syrups...etc. ive only deviated from the plan on 4 minor occasions.

The 2nd and 3rd days I had a mild headache, but not too bad. After that it was smooth sailing for 2 weeks, dropping 1/4 lb of weight every day.

For the last 8 days or so ive had red, itchy bumps on my elbows, shoulders a and lower back. This is something I've never experienced before in my life and is way worse than poison ivy.

I can only assume it's my body purging toxins through the skin as my liver cleans up.

The itch is unbearable at times and I have scratched at night, to the point of bleeding from it. Very eager to get past this phase and continue improving health.

Anyone ever go off sugar and experience the same?

No but Ive heard of it. Ive done sugar detoxes to start strict paleo diets. Sugar is addictive. Releases dopamine same as heroine. Obviously not the same drug. You ever see addicts scratch themselves up real bad. Same thing. Let it purge. Im surprised it’s getting this bad this far in being that you weren’t much of a sugar bug. Does your diet allow sweet potatoes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My wife and I have both cut out sugar. I am down 18 lbs and she’s down about 40.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Keep it up OP. Sugar is poison. Only sugar I consume regularly is a little honey. Trying to cut that out, but it's just so darn delicious.
              Last edited by Clay C; 07-29-2022, 08:28 AM.

Comment

^^^
                On the money. Refined sugar is poison. Wouldn’t surprise me if one day it would be recognized as such by the masses. I Kicked it, along with all grains a couple months ago. Eat. 90+% meat based diet. I’ve never felt better

Comment

No help with the skin condition but congrats on the sugar free effort.
                  I'd be the in a heartbeat if someone can tell me of a sugar free bourbon?

Comment

Skin is all cleared up...finally. It was candida die off. I'm feeling real good now, looking forward to the continued weight loss and healthy livin'!

Comment

Id give anything to have the will to cut sugar out. I know i eat way to much of it. Its like crack or meth must be to those addicts

Comment

Skin is all cleared up...finally. It was candida die off. I'm feeling real good now, looking forward to the continued weight loss and healthy livin'!
                        Good job. Sugar is bad news for a lot of reasons.

Comment

Under 180 lbs now - trending down 1lb per week on diet change only. the past 4 days I've actually broken the "no sugar" but overall the pattern of avoiding all added/refined sugars will persist.

for the first time in 10 years or so, I am wearing medium shirts and it feels good! I went out and bought a new suit, 41R and a dozen or so new dress shirts for Grad school and work.

I also start a 2 year Energy MBA program at TCU this week. Lots of change going on - I can't wait to see what life will be like in 12-24 months from now!

Comment

Under 180 lbs now - trending down 1lb per week on diet change only. the past 4 days I've actually broken the "no sugar" but overall the pattern of avoiding all added/refined sugars will persist.

for the first time in 10 years or so, I am wearing medium shirts and it feels good! I went out and bought a new suit, 41R and a dozen or so new dress shirts for Grad school and work.

I also start a 2 year Energy MBA program at TCU this week. Lots of change going on - I can't wait to see what life will be like in 12-24 months from now!

Awesome. Congrats to you sir.

Comment

Awesome. Congratulations and good luck. I’m in Fort Worth too, so holler anytime if you’re in need. Started workout out at LA Fitness in west 7th recently and it’s been a good change of pace and move in the right direction health-wise. It’d be great if you had access to TCUs student gym.

Comment

Id go have it checked but Shingles is usually develops on one side of the body. Congrats on kicking sugar, its tough but im trying to do the same thing

Comment

Working...
                                X