No announcement yet.

Smokey Mountains trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are closing on a vacation rental next week on Sieverville!

Gonna be a good one if anyone is ever interested in staying.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
      I know of the Dragon's Tail, I used to ride bikes for years. I did not realize we were so close to the Dragon's Tail, I thought it was farther north and east. Then a buddy pointed out that it was in the area. So I looked it up, turns out, we were actually very close to the Dragon's Tail. I was not going to get on the Dragon's Tail in my wife's car. My luck somebody would come around a corner, in our lane and either cause us to wreck or hit us. That would really screw up our trip. If it was just me on a bike, I might go, but I would be worried going even by myself. I am not going to push myself very hard on a road like that, more so not knowing the road. But I know others will push it too hard trying to be bad asses, I don't want to wind up in their path. I used to ride out to Leaky area, years ago. I almost got hit head on a couple of times out there. That will scare the crap out of you, when you are going around a curve and there is a car pushing it hard, coming around the corner in your lane.

I would like to ride it, but I am not interested in getting hit head on, more so that far from home.

When we go back, I am going to try and have more info about the area.
      I don't ride, but I've driven the Tail of the dragon many times, at least a dozen, in my various vehicles. I've never had any problems. Don't push yourself, just appreciate the experience.
      Last edited by Phillip Fields; 07-28-2022, 05:48 AM.

Comment

If’n you find yourself in Sieverville with time to spend, there is a muscle car museum, on the main road thru town, that is well worth the price of admission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Me and my wife are flying in to Charlotte, NC the end of August. We're gonna stay in Moravian Falls, rent a car, and take in all the sights we can. We plan to take some day trips to Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg, TN, and drive up to the south/east part of Kentucky and see the southern part of Virginia. We've never been to any of those cities-states, and are looking forward to it!

Comment

There is a really cool motorcycle museum in Maggie Valley, NC if in the area.

Comment

Working...
            X