???? Satellite services

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

???? Satellite services

I need to add satellite service at my property by Lake Hugo in Oklahoma.
    Please let me know any first hand experience you have with either Hughes or Viasat. I would like to consider star link but they wont give me a delivery date.
    Thanks
    Bert

It sucks !!

Comment

Get 2 cows, close your eyes, raise both of their tails.....kiss both of them where the poop comes out. That is the difference between satellite internet providers.

Comment

$85 for 25GB . . I opted for a mobile hotspot . . Unlimited

Comment

Anyone use a cell booster instead? I have AT&T service but not great signal strength

Comment

I have Viasat here in Concan TX. It’s ok but not fiber or like xfinity at the house in league city. I must say it’s way better then Hughes net but I hear that star link is the way to go supposed to be better then Viasat.

Comment

With starlink now. Had viasat prior. Viasat blew huges net outta water.

Comment

Get Starlink rv. It’s worth the extra $25 a month not having to wait.

Comment

Right now I just need enough bandwidth to view my security cameras. I will look into Viastat

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                    Get Starlink rv. It’s worth the extra $25 a month not having to wait.
                    Agreed. We got it a couple weeks ago to use at a new property. Been getting around 80 down. Will use it when we travel in the RV. I think the equipment is the same for either service and most believe eventually customers will be allowed to change from RV to Home version.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDraw View Post
                      Right now I just need enough bandwidth to view my security cameras. I will look into Viastat
                      Starlink rv will be the same or cheaper than the lowest viasat offering.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Comment

Starlink RV saved me $65-$75/month vs Viasat. Two weeks after i installed it i cancelled Viasat. It was garbage.

Comment

What is the typical wait time y’all had for starlink?

Comment

Originally posted by BigDraw View Post
                            What is the typical wait time y’all had for starlink?
                            If you get the rv version it takes about a week.

Comment

Go with Starlink, got mine about 4 weeks ago. It took about 1 week to get it delivered from the time I ordered it and I'm getting 50mbs-200mbs. Most of the time it's in the 70-120mbs range. What was strange was I looked at getting starlink about 4 months ago and they showed it would be at least 2023 before it would be available for my area so I didn't sign up for it. Then about 5 weeks ago I looked again and it said it was available so that is why I ordered it then. I only say this because if you looked and it showed the regular starlink wasn't available, I would keep checking back to see if that changes or you can always pay a little extra and get the RV starlink as others have said.

Comment

Working...
                              X